Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 12:37:00 PM EDT
Hi all considering a BFR in 44mag or a 3.75" 44 Ruger Bisley. I held a BFR the other day and it felt like it was overbuilt for the 44 and 5 shots vs 6 it felt nice and I am sure it handles the recoil of the heaviest 44 better then the Bisley, but is it worth the extra cost or better yet does the BFR offer something  so much more then the Ruger for the cost and extra weight?

I did really like the way the BFR pointed and it felt better then the Ruger plow handle I tried out as well seemed the BFR had a longer grip kinda cross between my Bisleys and the plow handle I have small hands but dont like the plow handle and having my pinkie under the grip butt I was able to get all my fingers on the BFR grip. So BFR owners tell me all the pros an cons

Thanks all
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I like smaller for .44 magnum. I have a mountain gun I like a great deal. The Taurus tracker in 4" is a favorite of mine as well. The BFR just strikes me as too big for such a mild cartridge.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The BFR just strikes me as too big for such a mild cartridge.
View Quote

+1, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has referred to it as a mild cartridge.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought that too way overbuilt for 44 mag but felt nice... heavy but nice I would think the BFR handles the heaviest loads with ease.. I have two Ruger Bisleys a hunter and the 45 colt conversion I would like to get one more single action a 44 mag 4-5" barrel bisley frame seems only game in town is the Lipsey Bisley then would I be better off with that then the BFR then? Google doesnt turn up much on BFR in 44 mag. I thought about a 475 linebaugh but I have a 460v all ready and not wanting to add another caliber per say and the 475 seems to be a recoil monster. So why is the BFR so much more then the ruger?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear you I have a few Smiths & wessons I love them all I just would like to have a short barrel 44 that I could pack when wanted to that could handle the hotter stuff better then the smiths when I wanted to shoot some heavy loads.  
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like smaller for .44 magnum. I have a mountain gun I like a great deal. The Taurus tracker in 4" is a favorite of mine as well. The BFR just strikes me as too big for such a mild cartridge.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hear you I have a few Smiths & wessons I love them all I just would like to have a short barrel 44 that I could pack when wanted to that could handle the hotter stuff better then the smiths when I wanted to shoot some heavy loads.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what the Ruger Alaskan is for. Compact and shoots heavy loads.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with the lipsey's SBH .44 to go with my marlin in .44 and like it
I would love a BFR but spent all my money on the marlin

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice pic!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top