Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 6:57:41 AM EDT
Planning on picking one up in 22 mag to have with me at all times. Have narrowed it down to the Pug and Sidewinder version, wish the Ranger was still being made Anyone have one of these ? Likes, dislikes ?

Sidewinder

Pug has trit sights

Ranger
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
About 80% of the time I have one in my front right pocket.
Mines a standard 22 mag/22lr combo with the longer barrel.
I like the mag grip frame but would have just as soon had it in 22lr only.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the sidewinder! I have a mag (not a pug) but those things are picky about how the cylinder goes back in. Sometimes you have to pull back on the hammer a little.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one, more as a novelty than anything else.  It always draws interest from people.

For an "always with me gun", I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT.  It's bigger, but really not much harder to conceal.  Weight is probably similar, unloaded.

I had a friend who occasionaly carried his in a kydex neck holster.  Gun was pointed straight at his chin.  No chance of going off, really, but still bugged me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the black widow version. Well made little guns. I may pick up the Mini-Max to go along with it. No reason, just because. IIRC the pug was only supposed to be a limited run, but it's been so popular they kept making it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My 95' vintage NAA .22LR revolver is in my pocket as I type this.  My oldest carries one chambered in .22 WMR.  I like the Sidewinder version and Ranger the best, but hits do count the most over reloading capability.

CD
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish they would do a limited run of 2.5 or 3in heavy barrel 22lr with the 22mag grip frame and adjustable sights
I would take two.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish they would do a limited run of 2.5 or 3in heavy barrel 22lr with the 22mag grip frame and adjustable sights
I would take two.
View Quote

They do have the NAA 1860 EARL that comes in 3, 4 and 6 inch barrels

The NAA 1860 Sheriff is 2 1/2 barrel
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got the one in the top pic. Carry it everywhere I go. It's my last-ditch backup if I have to shoot my CCW dry. For the haters, any gun beats none when you need one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
i carry one in my front left pocket as a last ditch/get off me gun/gut buster. I am in a world of hurt if i have somehow fired all 28 rounds i usually carry on me and cannot get to the 30 other rounds in my bag and i have to pull that little guy out with that being said i carry it every day and hardly even notice its there anymore.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#11]
You could just put a little lanyard point on the bottom of the grip and wear it as a necklace.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I own a NAA mini-revolver in .22Magnum. Beautifully made little gun and it has worked flawlessly for me except with Winchester Dynapoint .22mag cartridges. Everything else runs fine.

It is what it is. It is not what anybody would choose to bring to a gunfight but it is better than a rape whistle. Its advantage is effortless carry (I have carried it while jogging and working-out wearing gym shorts) and utter reliability. If you choose to carry as a BUG or while jogging, consider Hornady's Critical Defense load in .22mag. It was designed for short barrels and is noticeably more potent in my informal water jug testing than other offerings.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I also bought one in .22short.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Real ivory grips.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I currently have 4 NAA's mini's(.22lr, .22mag, Pug and BlackWidow) and wouldn't mind picking up a Sidewinder too.    The Pug or BlackWidow are my current favorites.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Have been keeping an eye out for the Sidewinder with the 22 conv. Local gun shops around here have them going for 489.00 without the conv. Have yet to hold the PUG to really make my decision
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have been keeping an eye out for the Sidewinder with the 22 conv. Local gun shops around here have them going for 489.00 without the conv. Have yet to hold the PUG to really make my decision
View Quote

If I can locate a Sidewinder with the conversion cylinder for a reasonable price, I will buy it.

I had a PUG and sold it.  I kept my 'plain-Jane' NAA Mini... Only real upgrade the Pug offered was the sights which are pretty useless for my intended uses (I.e... GTFOff of me / projectile ice pick thingy)
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I carry a Pug everyday. First round up is a 22 mag bird shot. They can't fight if they can't see and I only need to be close.   Great gun that you can always have on your person.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a Pug, love it. All I did was replace the sticky rubber grip to make easier to draw from a pocket holster. I got a set of the NAA smooth wood grips. They were $19.99 from NAA
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:59:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Winchester Dynapoint  has light primer strikes in my 22 magnum Black widow as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Well had my LGS order me the Sidewinder with conversion cylinder for 430.00 out the door. Can not wait till this lil bugger comes in !!!! Sad that at other LGS and Cabelas in my State that have them in stock are asking 489.00 before taxes without the conversion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top