Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 6:31:36 PM EDT
I have a Ruger Mark II with the 10" bull barrel and i am in the market fot some sights. Currently have no iron sights on it, as it had a cheap pistol scope on it when i got it.

Would prefer fiber optic sights, but not required. What are my options?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ruger front sight for the Mk I,II and III is easy to find new for under $20.  You can also find Ruger take off rear sights in new condition for $25-$30

If you want to get fancy, Volquartzen makes a rear sight for it for around $70.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mark I bull barrel, and the early Mark II, came with an undercut front sight that was notorious for being a "holster ripper" (if you wanted to do anything with the gun other than shoot at bullseye targets at a formal range). Back in the day, there was an aftermarket ramp sight called the "Sport Site" that was designed to solve this problem. Alas, that company is long out of business.

The Mark III and IV factory sight is better -- it's narrower and lacks the undercut -- but it still tends to snag on clothing and holsters. What I've done is replace mine with the ramp sight from a Ruger Single Six. It attaches with the same screw. If you want a perfect fit, you have to grind the bottom of the sight to fit the contour of the bull barrel. Use a Dremel grinding stone that's the same diameter as the bull barrel, and work very carefully. (Just the outside edges of the curve on the bottom of the sight get ground. This needs a keen eye and a steady hand.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top