Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2016 3:11:58 PM EDT
I need to find a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_23/162466_Pocket_Holster_Design___A_Simple_One_With_Templates.html
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a custom leather pocket holster made by Barranti Leather (google search him, also on facebook. His facebook is wroth looking at just to get an idea of his quality/abilities)
It takes about half a year to get due to the fact that he makes each by hand.
He is a pretty well respected gun-leather craftsmen.

Its really nice, cost me around 50 bucks give or take 10.  I have had it for a while and dont remember how much i spent on it.
He will make it custom to your specifications either for a front or back pocket.  Will do custom stamping on it if you wish.

I only use it for pocket carry, if i am going on the belt then i usually go for a bigger gun.
The pocket holster is thin and does not print, its also slight stuff and not floppy like other leather holsters.
The leather is inside out so that the rough part sticks to the inside of your pocket when you draw.  It also has flar on the underside to make so it stays in your pocket when you draw.

I use it with jeans and also on the inside of my jacket pocket in the winter as a backup.

His stuff really is top notch.  Simply Rugged makes good stuff to and has one similar but Baranti is a cut above Simply Rugged.
IT boils down to how long you want to wait. Simply Rugged will have one to you fast but the fit and finish wont be as good.  Barranti will make a better product but it can take a really long time.  Sometimes up to a year.  
they bost cost about the same from what i remember.

I wasn't in a hurry so it didnt bother me.  They are worth the price and time if you are in no rush.  

I use a non-custom remora when i wear it with sweatpants or shorts.  Thinking of getting the smallest model of crossbreed, the micro clip, with a ulticlip for this application so that i can jog (hopefully that will work)
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using a DeSantis Nemesis with a notch cut out for the rear sight. Crude but effective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top