Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2016 11:14:32 PM EDT
What upgrades do I need?

I know about the Tandemcross bushing, what do I need to do to make trigger suck less? Lower price is good.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
put  a trigger kit and I think a mk 2 bushing in mine , shoots like a peach and mags drop free
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
What trigger kit?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
MkII bushing
Volquartsen trigger

Volquartsen hammer

LCI delete

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Pick mine up tomorrow.  I ordered a Sam Lam bushing, a Volquartsen LCI removal kit in stainless, gonna do the slingshot mod by removing the plunger, and down the road I may order the Volquartsen sear.  You don't need to get a trigger kit from all I have read as most the other stuff is a waste of $$$  The sear is around $27 or so
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
the Volquartsen i believe
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the Volquartsen i believe
View Quote

If it involves Ruger rimfire Volquartsen is one of the first places I look.
YMMV
ETA
IMO The only thing that must abosutely must be done on a MKIII is getting rid of mag disconnect. If for no other reason than making reassembly easier/safer.

I spent way to long putting one back together for a friend one day because it still had the mag disconnect.
Kept forgetting about that fucking thing since I don't have that problem anymore. I told her she should get a bushing and throw the disconnect in the trash but she couldn't since the gun belonged to her employer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
MkII bushing
Volquartsen trigger
Volquartsen hammer
LCI delete

View Quote

This. Makes a world of difference. Only other things I did to mine were adding a fiber optic front sight and the slingshot modification. I may get around to changing the grips soon.

Getting rid of the mag disconnect and the LCI make for a less frustrating, more reliable gun. If you do nothing else to it, get rid of those two things.  Upgraded trigger, sear, sights, grips etc just make it more fun
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pick mine up tomorrow.  I ordered a Sam Lam bushing, a Volquartsen LCI removal kit in stainless, gonna do the slingshot mod by removing the plunger, and down the road I may order the Volquartsen sear.  You don't need to get a trigger kit from all I have read as most the other stuff is a waste of $$$  The sear is around $27 or so
View Quote

Picked it up yesterday.  Miraculously, the LCI pin popped out easily with just a hard drive magnet.  VQ one went in easily.  I also pulled the detent/spring for the slingshot mod, and my bushing isn't here yet, so the gun is still in pieces.  I dabbed a bit of orange nail polish on the front sight too even though this gun will almost always sport a TRS-25 on it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I installed a Tandemkross  Victory trigger in my MkIII...a very nice addition..highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I installed a Tandemkross  Victory trigger in my MkIII...a very nice addition..highly recommend it.
View Quote

I just put mine in the other day but have not had a chance to shoot it yet.  I have to agree that it is very, very nice.

As far as "mandatory" upgrades - hammer bushing.  For my pistol, an extractor (I went with TK) and LCI delete were also must haves; especially given the relatively low price for getting the gun to run more reliably.

I'd suggest a sear from Volquartsen before looking to spend more money on buying new guts for the pistol.  I don't think it's a must have, but again, given the relatively low price, it's a great improvement.  While the gun was apart, I polished the some of the internals with a dremel and polishing wheel following this video I found on YouTube.  It made a huge difference.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
If your spending the money get a Kidd extractor and tk +1 bumper magazine base plates.  Also agree with what everyone said. LCI delete, sling shot, tk bushing, volquartsen trigger and hammer.

A fast fire Burris 3 with a low rear sight mount is a great upgrade as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Silencer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Silencer.
View Quote

That's the next accessory I'm getting for my not-so-Ruger 22/45.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Not to thread hijack but there was a Lite Threaded Model at my Dealer on Sale for $369 seems expensive for a 22 but after looking around online it seems like a pretty good price. Worth it?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Silencer.
View Quote

Bingo, with the addendum of a fiber optic sight set.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not to thread hijack but there was a Lite Threaded Model at my Dealer on Sale for $369 seems expensive for a 22 but after looking around online it seems like a pretty good price. Worth it?
View Quote

My friends shot mine for the first time 1.5 months ago, now they both own one. I would say yes.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, I paid $399 for mine at a LGS. I'd buy another one for that price!

Plus that $30 you saved over me will help cover the cost of mods!
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I love this thing....a tweak or two and it works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top