Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2015 9:45:49 AM EDT
I hope I am not late to the party, but I just bought a LCP yesterday, as I am going to be moving further South soon and wanted something smaller for summer months.  Now it is time to pocket holster shop.  I see a lot of people like the desantis holsters, but I have always been fond of leather goods.  Would prefer something for front or rear pocket that is thin with limited printing.

Looking for preferences and reasons if any- and of course pics would be great!  Thanks in advance.

Currently looking at Uncle George's, DM Bullard, and RKBA pocket holsters- if anyone has experience with these, I would certainly appreciate why you chose one over the other.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the talon wallet holster. It is stitched at one corner and allows easier access to get a purchase on the firearm before you draw.

http://www.amazon.com/Talon-Ruger-Kel-Tec-Wallet-Holster/dp/B00H2Q4S2G

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the talon wallet holster. It is stitched at one corner and allows easier access to get a purchase on the firearm before you draw.

http://www.amazon.com/Talon-Ruger-Kel-Tec-Wallet-Holster/dp/B00H2Q4S2G

View Quote

+1. I've carried an LCP for years in the Talon holster, it has held up well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I know you said leather, but I carry my LCP in a DeSantis Superfly. Zero printing and stays in my pocket on draw.
this one here. . With the Velcro attached cover flap, it just looks like a wallet in my pocket.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I had Barranti Leather make me one and it is top notch.  
But it took me a year to get because he is so back logged on orders.
I had him make me a few other things along with it.  Its not my primary gun so i didnt mind the long wait to get it.  He made me a sling a couple years ago and it took just as long to get made.
That being said, he will make it custom for you, however you want it.  He will fancy it up with border stamping if you want...

here is a photo of one of them for an LCP from his facebook page...
LCP Pocket Companion (Barranti pocket holster on Facebook)

The edges of the holster do a good job of hooking into the side of your pocket to stop the holster from coming out when you draw.  The rough side of the leather is out to also aid in keeping it in your pocket, tanned/slick side in touching the gun.

I use it just about every day including my front hip pocket, back pocket, and on the inside pocket in my jacket. The quality is extremely good, beyond what you can get at the store.  Its craftsmen level work.

here are some more pictures of his work on his website:  Barrnti Leather gallery (his website)

Simply Rugged also makes a similar holster but i like Barranti's design better.
there are a few kydex pocket holsters on the market as well.  I think Raven Concealment makes one.  I have one of their full size OWB holsters that holds my pistol with a light on it, it is top quality and I wold assume their pocket holsters would be good as well.  It has the same concept with the hooks to catch your pocket when you draw.  I dont think it will be as slick as my leather one though.
Raven Pocket Holster LCP

I am thinking that Kydex will be thinner and print less in the pocket but I am not sure.  Mine prints a little if you really look hard at it.  I position it in the pocket so it prints but looks like a wallet.  I will be carrying it all winter in my coat pocket (inside pocket) along with my primary gun as a backup.
If you cant tell, I really like mine (a lot) but the wait was extremely long.  He works on orders as he gets them in no matter how hard or easy they are.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have a Remora pocket holster that is like the Desantis.  I use it when i am out for a walk (exercise) wearing sweatpants or shorts by tucking it in my shorts/underwear where one side is against my skin.  The gun is in the normal carry position behind the right hip when i carry like this.  It does no move around much like this.  You got to keep it kind of tight tough.   I am still kind of nervous when the gun is there but it has never slipped out.   The holster is a little too bulky to pocket carry in jeans.  This is the main reason i ordered the leather one...
It is a fine holster and it has its purpose.  I use it for things that i cannot use the leather one for.  These pocket holsters are kind of inexpensive so having a couple for different tasks is a fine way of doing it, i think...  I think the Desantis will be too bulky for pocket carry but it all depends on what kind of pants you wear.  It is kind of like a pillow that surrounds the gun with a rubbery exterior.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top