Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:06:27 PM EDT
I bought my LC9s Pro in mid June. I've run more than 600 rounds through it .

I have 2 issues with it.

(1) When doing drills if I slightly loosen my grip the pistol Bump Fires a second round. This is entirely my fault but it happens from time to time and is quite alarming.
Yes it is a grip issue and I am to blame. However I have never had this happen with another pistol so I am concerned.
When shooting normal at targets it never happens. Perhaps the trigger is too light for me.

(2) I have yet to find a hollow point defensive round that will reliably feed and not jam.
I would like to carry Hornady Critical Defense but it jams consistently 2 or 3 times per mag.
Untill this morning I thought that the answer was Federal HST. Well I made it through 2 1/2 mags before the HST jammed.

I bought the LC9s Pro to be a carry gun not a range toy.
At the range using FMJ ammo it is flawless (aside form the occasional bump fireing issue) no jams , no hickups.
I love it as a carry gun but if all it will eat if FMJs  it is not too good for carry.

Anyone have some hollow point to suggest that works in your LC9s ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Fed 124 & 115's run fine in mine. Matter of fact, even my alox tumble lubed cast handloads run like a champ in mine. I also put various other he's like xtp's and winchester with out issue as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fed 124 & 115's run fine in mine. Matter of fact, even my alox tumble lubed cast handloads run like a champ in mine. I also put various other he's like xtp's and winchester with out issue as well.
View Quote

+1.  This. Mine eats everything.

Get some Flitz and polish the feedramp and see if that helps
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Simply return it to Ruger.  Neither 1) or 2) is normal for that gun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree you shouldn't be getting bump fires in that pistol if the disconnector is working properly. My LC9 had some minor issues with hollow points, mine was a ramp issue, it is a very short and steep ramp and wasn't polished very well from the factory, after putting a mirror polish on it the thing will run any ammo I throw at it now!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I also had hollow point feeding issues with my LC9 Pro.  Get some FITZ and polish the feed ramp to a mirror like surface.  20 minutes of work .... and now my LC9 feeds anything I put in the magazine.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top