Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:55:41 PM EDT
With the extra acp cylinder. I loaded some 250 gr hps and took it to Yellowstone for a carry piece. Now he wants it back but he won't just take it back, he wants to buy me a cassul Redhawk to swap for it.

I might see if he wants to throw in his marlin 45 70 to sweeten the deal....
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
your pop is alright!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
your pop is alright!
View Quote

Yeah, he's alright. I'm pretty sure he is trying to help me do some of the things that he always wanted to do. He started the whole conversation about how he saw the cassul at the lgs and he was thinking about getting it. Then that turned into he wanted the Blackhawk back. I think he thinks the cassul would be better big game protection. And he tried to give me the Marlin too but I told him to sell it if he was trying to thin the heard, I got that area covered with a slug gun or 3006.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, he's alright. I'm pretty sure he is trying to help me do some of the things that he always wanted to do. He started the whole conversation about how he saw the cassul at the lgs and he was thinking about getting it. Then that turned into he wanted the Blackhawk back. I think he thinks the cassul would be better big game protection. And he tried to give me the Marlin too but I told him to sell it if he was trying to thin the heard, I got that area covered with a slug gun or 3006.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
your pop is alright!

The 45 LC with the right loads imo is a good defense gun but if he wants it back, perhaps you can get him to buy a BFR in 45-70 then you could get the marlin and have matching calibers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 3:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a great guy.  I've got a Blackhawk .45Colt/.45acp and it's a sweet gun and a great choice for big critter defense.  The Redhawk doesn't come in .454 Casull so I'm betting he means the Super Redhawk.  I'm not a big fan of the the weird barrel configuration on the Super Redhawk but the Super Redhawk "Alaskan" comes in .454 Casull and it's awesome.  Whatever you end up with, post a pic .
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds like a great guy.  I've got a Blackhawk .45Colt/.45acp and it's a sweet gun and a great choice for big critter defense.  The Redhawk doesn't come in .454 Casull so I'm betting he means the Super Redhawk.  I'm not a big fan of the the weird barrel configuration on the Super Redhawk but the Super Redhawk "Alaskan" comes in .454 Casull and it's awesome.  Whatever you end up with, post a pic .
View Quote

He already picked it up. 5" SRH they had on the shelf. We got into a discussion because when he said that he wanted it, he wanted to buy a 7.5" from Buds, for hunting. I said a 5" would still work for hunting but more importantly, I carry a handgun for protection and 7.5" is too unwieldy, you start pulling it out of the holster on Sat and the barrel doesn't come out until Sun...

I noticed the difference in barrel lengths in the SRH vs BH. I'm assuming Ruger did it to keep the overall length of their guns the same? The BH has a 5.5" barrel and the SRH is 5"...
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your 45 BH chambered for the 45 Colt will kick the 454 Alaskans ass anytime any place.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Delete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top