Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 5:17:05 PM EDT
Found one at a small store for 229 and figured why not. Ran 50 rounds through without a hiccup. It already has the hogue handall grip. What are everyones favorite mods for these things??
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
tooless takedown pin
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
upgraded trigger
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone using the SS guide rod and  13lb spring? Worth it?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I fired my LCP Custom for the first time today. It was only 50 rounds of Perfecta FMJ and 25 rounds of Hornady 90 gr. XTP but it ran perfect.

I have no plans on any mods. I'm just gonna shoot the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fired my LCP Custom for the first time today. It was only 50 rounds of Perfecta FMJ and 25 rounds of Hornady 90 gr. XTP but it ran perfect.

I have no plans on any mods. I'm just gonna shoot the crap out of it.
View Quote

I almost grabbed the custom but they had it out for 350. For that I got the regular lcp, 100 fmj and 20 winchester HPs, a spare mag, and a pocket holster. The sights were nice though. If my wife can handle the little thing I will most likely go that route for her

edit: but holy crap .380 ammo is outrageous right now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe I forgot to mention the traction grip overlays. I like the rubber ones.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Test your carry ammo.

Some ran great in mine, some didn't.

Txl
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Nemesis pocket holster ;)

Carry mine everyday
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Carry mine everyday
View Quote

I got a little galco leather pocket holster thrown in that I like ok. This will rarely be my primary carry. I have a G21 for duty carry and usually a G30 or more frequently nowadays an xds .45 that dominate my off duty attire. This will be more of a bug or what I carry when I dont think I really need to carry. Is the desantis really significantly better?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got a little galco leather pocket holster thrown in that I like ok. This will rarely be my primary carry. I have a G21 for duty carry and usually a G30 or more frequently nowadays an xds .45 that dominate my off duty attire. This will be more of a bug or what I carry when I dont think I really need to carry. Is the desantis really significantly better?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry mine everyday

Havent tried the galco but I do really like the little nemesis. At first it is a little stiff but quickly breaks in. Well worth the 20 dollars or so it costs IMO. But if you already have a holster maybe not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Nobody using a stronger recoil spring or stainless guide rod???
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:18:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Talon wallet holster. Best one for the lcp IMO
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been carrying an LCP for over a year now. A couple of thoughts:

1. Test your carry ammo.  I use the Hornady .380 FTX, and it ran like a champ in my LCP.  I have heard of some being finicky.

2. DeSantis Superfly is an amazing holster.  A little bit bulky with the print shield in place, but it's held on with velcro so you can remove it.  

3. I thought about upgrading my recoil spring/rod, but so far my pistol has been 100% reliable, so no compelling reason yet.  

4.  I have the stainless steel version, and the shiny steel surface of the front "sight" ( I feel I'm being generous in calling the raised nub a sight) was very hard to pick up.  I applied a small square of reflective tape to the front sight, and it noticeably improved my ability to get on target faster.  While I think the actual sights offered on the LCP Pro may be overkill considering the accuracy potential of a small pocket pistol, I do think some sort of high contrast paint/tape/nail polish on the front sight is going to be an improvement.

5. The stock takedown pin will start to back out during sustained practice sessions.  I usually notice a little movement after the first 50 rounds.  I'm considering the Galloway Precision upgraded pin that locks in place.  I don't think this is a serious concern for defensive shooting, as I don't ever see myself firing 50 rounds from my LCP in a real situation.  But something to watch for during practice sessions.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
tooless takedown pin
View Quote

Do they make a standard takedown pin out of hardened metal?
Over on the Elsie Pea forum, there's quite a few people who experience their tooless ponds walking out. I don't care if a tool is actually needed to remove the pin, I've done fine with my keltec for over 8 years using a 380 casing.

I just want a hardened version of the stock pin.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Over on the Elsie Pea forum, there's quite a few people who experience their tooless ponds walking out. I don't care if a tool is actually needed to remove the pin, I've done fine with my keltec for over 8 years using a 380 casing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tooless takedown pin

Gallow Precision makes a hardened steel replacement takedown pin that also features a locking mechanism to prevent walk out:

I believe you insert the pin and then rotate it unti lthe slot engages. I haven't handled one of these pins in person, but other stuff from Galloway has been top notch for quality of build.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Gallow Precision makes a hardened steel replacement takedown pin that also features a locking mechanism to prevent walk out:

http://gallowayprecision.com/images/P/tool-less-takedown-pin-for-lcp.jpg

I believe you insert the pin and then rotate it unti lthe slot engages. I haven't handled one of these pins in person, but other stuff from Galloway has been top notch for quality of build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
tooless takedown pin

http://gallowayprecision.com/images/P/tool-less-takedown-pin-for-lcp.jpg

That looks like the standard tool-less take down pin that's actually make by Tandemkross (resold by Galloway).  Even though there's a channel there, several people have commented on their pins working their way out and getting bent in the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top