Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 4:03:02 PM EDT
Anyone have one? I held one at the LGS and think I "need" one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one a few weeks ago. It's the standard (non-takedown) version with wood stock and UTG bipod. The bipod is crap so I swapped it with a Harris version and then swapped the stock for the Blackhawk Axiom pistol version which is way better. I topped it with a cheap $30 red dot from Amazon (actually works pretty well).

My LGS was selling them for $269 for the blued standard and a free Ruger ball cap, t-shirt and sticker.

Other mods to come shortly.

roy d...now looking to swap the barrel for a 6" Kidd
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the original charger when I found out they had discontinued them. Got the last one from my local cabelas. I had always liked them but it wasnt until I found out they were going away I wanted to get one. Imagine my surprise when I saw they came back with the takedown!

I still think the original looks better though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I own one of the original models and yes the stock looks much better and feels much better in the hand. Mine is a tack-driver even with the factory trigger and will make nickel-sized groups at 25 yards with bulk-pack ammunition. The whole family loves this gun.

I do wish it had the threaded barrel and 1913 rail that the new models come with. I would love to use mine as a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I own an original and it is a tack driver, I use mine for small game hunting, I have a long eye relief 3x9 scope on mine and one inch and better group at 50 yards is obtainable.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Wife unit got one recently. She really likes it. I shot it a few times and it seems like a cool little shooter. Still trying to work out what 22 it likes. The Remington small cardboard box all lead bullet really gunked up the thing. Only had a couple of FTF, after going through 100 rounds or so of crap ammo. I suspect a good cleaning, light lube, and decent ammo and it will be a great little gun. Then there's the problem of finding 22 to feed it...
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought the original charger when I found out they had discontinued them......
View Quote

Same thing that I did.  These are really cool guns.  I pulled my stock 10" Charger barrel and found a take-off 10-22 barrel that I chopped and threaded.  I see no diff in accuracy with the shorter barrel and it makes a nice host for a can.    Rifle like accuracy out to 50 yds.  I usually shoot mine off a bag rest and have never put the bipod on it.  It runs like a champ on any ammo that I feed it.  Get one, join in the fun.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Never a fan, then saw and handled one of the new models (non-take down), I liked it. Ruger is also offering a drop in high quality trigger too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top