Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 11:05:31 AM EDT
I have gained interest in a sr1911 commander. It seems the full size is great but how are these cmd models with accuracy and reliability? thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The SR1911's are excellent pistols. All the ones I have seen have a nice tight fit in the slide to frame and the bushing to barrel. Excellent triggers and all the quality and features of the high dollar pistols at a mid range price. I own a full size and have shot my friends commander, both are very accurate and very dependable! The only feature they don't put on them is an extended slide release, not sure of their thinking putting the extended safety and not the release but it is a cheap fix if you want that option.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has been trouble free.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Im interested in the full size as well but i have heard the smaller 1911`s can be more difficult to make run reliably and was curious if Ruger got it right the first time. Both seem like good options
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im interested in the full size as well but i have heard the smaller 1911`s can be more difficult to make run reliably and was curious if Ruger got it right the first time. Both seem like good options
View Quote

Commanders are not a problem.  It's the smaller guns.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
there is suprisingly little traffic in the ruger form.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the LIGHTWEIGHT version? Thats the one im after
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:35:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the concern about the smaller than full size 1911's are problematic is a thing of the past.  Every manufacturer is making compact models, commander and officer, and they are running fine.  I have a inexpensive
RIA compact and it has way over a thousand trouble free rounds through it.  My Ruger 1911CMD is one fine gun!!  My Les Baer and Colt Series 70 are getting some time off because I love to shoot and carry my new Ruger.
Get one, you will not regret it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top