Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 3:20:58 PM EDT
When did they start putting the read manual/warning ect...on the side of the barrel?Also,what's needed to smooth out the trigger?Looked at a 3" today,action felt and sounded like it was full of course sand!(I know they're all not like that)
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The warning has been there from the beginning.  It's a Ruger thing.   Security Sixes were the same way after the first couple of years of production.   Trigger is very subjective issue.  I've always found GP triggers to be fine.  Often times with new guns a good cleaning, some lube, and a lot of dry firing will smooth things up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one in 1989 and it has the warning.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Made a deal last night for a 4" SS from a local guy.He bought it new,and put a half box of .38 through it.Will post pics later .
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The 4" GP is my only revolver.
I don't feel the need to buy any others.
It has done, and will do anything I ask of a revolver.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't make my mind up between the 686 and GP100.Got a killer deal on a pre lock 686,so now i'll have both
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't make my mind up between the 686 and GP100.Got a killer deal on a pre lock 686,so now i'll have both
View Quote

In true ARF fashion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top