Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 10:49:08 PM EDT
Santa brought me an LCP and I am in the process of breaking it in with roughly 200 rounds through it.  The first range trip was a little concerning as the slide came off and fell to the ground while I was shooting and about half way through a mag.  I picked the slide up, and the takedown pin had backed out and enabled the slide to come off while I was shooting.  I reassembled (ensuring the pin was properly inserted and was flush against the frame) shot a few more mags and had no more issues.  Earlier this week, I hit the range again and after several mags noticed the pin was starting to back it's way out again.  I reinserted so that it was flush and finished the afternoon with no more issues.

I was planning on working this gun into my CCW rotation but am concerned with this issue involving the takedown pin.  Other than that, the LCP has eaten everything I have fed it with no hiccups and has been as advertised....

Anybody experienced this issue?  Or have thoughts concerning the same?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Ruger and see if they've seen this before.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That's odd, on my LC9 the slide partially blocks both sides of the takedown pin.  I don't see how it could work it's way out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:52:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Good link, thanks.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, this sometimes happens.  Mine did this a few times.  I found that after break-in, it seemed to stop doing it, but can't say that for sure it's gone.  With the LCP, it's basically a really cheap gun, who's attraction is the very very small size and weight.  With that trade off, it's hard to shoot and sometimes seems to have reliability issues.  IMHO, it's a really really great little $190 pistol....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
"IMHO, it's a really really great little $190 pistol...."

Always a comedian somewhere...put me down for a couple more at that price!!!....<><....:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top