Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 2:11:24 AM EDT
I took my new to me LCP (374-XXXXX) to the range today and experienced many failures to feed.  It looks like the rounds are impacting the steel insert in the frame BEFORE hitting the feedramp. You can see the brass/copper on the insert in the crappy pic below.  A quick Googling shows this is not an uncommon problem. Before I call Ruger, has anyone here had a similar problem and if so, how did you solve it?

11/20/2014:  Called Ruger and got an RMA.  Shipped off to Prescott.

11/24/2014: Arrived in Prescott.

11/26/2014: Got a shipment notification this afternoon from Ruger, I immediately called to find out what they did.  It sounds like I'm getting pretty much a new gun, they replaced the slide, barrel, all internals, and worked the frame insert. After replacing all the parts, they test fired 100 24 rounds with no malfunctions.

12/01/2014: Received my LCP back with the following information:

Items Replaced: Barrel, Guide Rod, Recoil Spring Inner & Outer, Slide Assembly

Items Repaired: Frame Insert, Lubricated Slide Rails

After repair, pistol was function fired 24 rounds of Black Hills 100gr FMJ without malfunction.

They machined some relief into the edge of the frame insert where the rounds were striking.  I'll take her to the range tomorrow and update.

12/12/2014: Finally got to the range and the LCP was flawless through 50 rounds. Considering I couldn't get through a single magazine without a failure, I'll call 50 in a row a win! I still want to run another 100-200 through it before I feel comfortable carrying it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an LCP I carry a lot and have shot quite a bit to prove it's reliability to myself before I started carrying it. Mine feeds flawlessly. I suggest you try it with another magazine first to eliminate the possibility of a bad mag. Ruger is top notch with CS so no worries there.
Keep us advised of your progress...Happy Thanksgiving....<><....:)
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have an LCP I carry a lot and have shot quite a bit to prove it's reliability to myself before I started carrying it. Mine feeds flawlessly. I suggest you try it with another magazine first to eliminate the possibility of a bad mag. Ruger is top notch with CS so no worries there.

Keep us advised of your progress...Happy Thanksgiving....<><....:)
View Quote
My previous LCP had several hundred rounds through it without a single hiccup.  Guess I should have hung on to it

Playing around this morning, I found by pushing up on the bottom of the magazine, I could hand cycle rounds with no hangups.  I tried this with two factory Ruger and one aftermarket Promag.

I'll be calling Ruger CS shortly and update this thread accordingly.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Called Ruger and got an RMA. Shipped off to Prescott.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Strangely enough, every single one of my .22's is suffering from a failure to feed.

Although it's because I can't find no damn ammo!!

*waves* Hey Scott, hope you got it running right.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Strangely enough, every single one of my .22's is suffering from a failure to feed.

View Quote
Still haven't made it to the range, I hate it when work gets in the way of fun

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Finally got to the range and the LCP was flawless through 50 rounds. Considering I couldn't get through a single magazine without a failure, I'll call 50 in a row a win! I still want to run another 100-200 through it before I feel comfortable carrying it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top