Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2014 7:30:09 PM EDT
I have a New Vaquero in .357 that needs a new barrel. A 4.62" blued barrel.

I can't seem to figure out who is selling them

Where should I be looking?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Ruger customer service
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Ruger-33474.htm

Call these guys.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Try a barrel maker like Douglas.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't you send it in to Ruger?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't you send it in to Ruger?
View Quote

Ruger will replace it if there is something amiss with the barrel.
If you want a custom barrel (including a different length) there are a bunch of single action smiths that can deal with that requests.

Just as an FYI, you can't just unscrew one barrel and hope to thread a new one on without having ability to set the shoulder back or shorten the forcing cone. Aside from having a messed up B/C gap you will also most likely end up with a sight that is clocked.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one that someone cut a dovetail where the front sight goes and it's not the cleanest looking job.

I was thinking about a new barrel ibut I'm not sure what the best thing to do is.

What would y'all do?

Are there good smiths out there that could clean it up?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've gone back and forth on having my SBH 44 barrel Magna Ported. They do barrel work, just throwing that out there
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruger will replace it with the same caliber barrel that the gun came with originally.  They are the only reasonably priced source.  However, many gunsmiths will put barrels on Rooooger pistols.  It's not rocket science.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top