Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 11:15:18 PM EDT
Guys,

I'm looking for a discrete LCP carry option.  I have something right now that works for me when I want to go running or in gym shorts.  I'm looking more for in the hospital when I'm wearing scrubs.  I'd prefer not to keep it on my waist.  I was thinking more of an ankle holster.  The ones I've looked at locally are cheap, thick, poorly made, cheap, bulky, and cheap

Can anyone recommend a low profile ankle/ discrete holster for scrubs or other similar lightweight dress?

I'll post a pic of what I use in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:48:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Belly band. Thunderwear.  Or an undershirt with built-in elastic.

Check out the Undertech website.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Galco Ankle Glove is outstanding. Otherwise, in your situation, would a DeSantis pocket holster not work?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a fan of the belly holster, been there tried that.

I'll take a look at the Galco.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Desantis Nemesis
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
How about one of these, under the scrub shirt?

Comp-Tac

I made one for my LCP and have used it under a sweat shirt when wearing pants that weren't conducive to a holster. Not my favorite, but it works. Might be tough to hide under a scrub shirt unless you wore a t-shirt or tank top under the scrub shirt too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm leery of holsters in my pocket (depends on type of scrubs too) and under my shirt.  

Do you have experience with the Comp-Tac?  How good is the retention.  The last thing I want is for it to drop out or make its presence known.  That's why I was leaning towards an ankle holster.  The only one I've found locally was made by Bulldog and it was stupid thick.

As of right now, this is what I've been using.....figuring something is always better than nothing: http://jwknives.tictail.com/product/little-bird-steel

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I do not have the Comp Tac, or have any experience with them. I made my own kydex neck holster that pretty much follows their design with the exception of the retention screw. Mine is tight enough that it takes a solid tug down to draw. When I was tweaking it after molding and putting in the rivets / eyelets I put my LCP in it and then sort of whipped it towards my bed to see how much force it would take to get the pistol to fall out. I am very confident that it will not fall out on it's own. It is a very niche use holster though, but I use it enough I made a similar one for my Glock 26 and used 3/4" nylon webbing instead of paracord. I set it up to be more of a bandolier than necklace though.

What about a shoulder holster under the scrub shirt? Is their a certain color scrub shirt you have to wear? Not sure you could pull it off with a light color shirt.

This is NOT my holster, but is basically identical, other than I have my paracord set up to go through both eyelets on top, holding the pistol horizontal across my chest. You can see this style has the rear of the slide held in by the kydex in a clamshell type fold over, giving it better retention.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Lots of people wear scrubs in a hospital setting, but only a tiny percentage actually "scrub-in" for surgery.
For the rest of us, it's just comfy jammies to wear at work, and the usual crap like keys, etc. gets carried in the pockets.

If scrubs are just work jammies for you, your options are much greater; everyone has phones, pagers, etc. clipped to their waist and pockets full of other stuff. The answer is to carry in plain sight, but in something that blends in to the environment.

Although you prefer something not on the waist, I've spent years wearing scrubs every day while carrying a Kahr PM9 in a DeSantis Pistol Pack clipped to my waist, along with phones and pager. In all that time, nobody (including the Security guys and numerous cops) has so much as looked twice at it.

The Pistol Pack is ostensibly made only for LCP-sized guns, but the PM9 will fit. You aren't going to out-draw Jerry Miculek, but it's a helluva lot more comfortable and accessible than an ankle holster.

Pistol Pack  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top