Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 11:07:10 PM EDT
Does anyone know if Eagle Grips is still in business? They make a particular grip that I really, really want but they don't have it available on the website so there's no way to print off a copy of the order and receipt.  I contacted them about three years ago and they said they were just about to add it to the website within the next couple weeks but I could call and give them my credit info and order that way which would be faster.  Well, I got taken once doing that and it's a personal rule not to do it anymore so I decided to wait until it was available on a secure website where I could at least make copies of stuff.  After a couple months of waiting with no change to the website I contacted them again.  I got the same story almost word for word...it'll be available on the website next week but I can order now via telephone.  That didn't inspire much confidence so I gave up.  

About a year later I really started wanting the grips again so I contacted them.  They tell yet again...they are adding it within the next couple weeks but I can give my credit info to them over the phone and they can do it that way.  I was just like WTF??? So, then I'm over it and I figure these guys are just not the big quality company I thought they were.  I actually learned of them through a NRA endorsement of them which made me think they were good to go.  

So anyway here I am 3 years (maybe 2 but I think it's 3) and I am jonesing for those grips and I've been trying for two days to access their website but it won't load at all.  No errors or website down for maintenance stuff, it just loads the page but there's nothing there but blank.  Considering my experiences with them and some of those I've read recently from other folks, I'm guessing they have bailed but I don't know.  Has anyone dealt with them recently?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I just brought up the web site. What grips are you looking for?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just brought up the web site. What grips are you looking for?
View Quote

Yup, just came up, sort of.  It's a really basic looking format and they still don't have the Kirinite single action grips.  Looks like they have less now than before, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The website has always sucked. They keep changing it but not for the better. I ordered a pair of rosewoods for my 4' 45 Redhawk and the grip locator hole was too big and the grips shifted under recoil and the top part that contacts the frame started to chip. I returned them and they sent a new pair that were the same so I filled them with epoxy and fixed them. I bought S&W rose woods from them 30 years ago that were fine. Their little one page flier was easier to find what you wanted than the website.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the Kirinite grips I want are like $140 for a set so I'm really hesitant to just give them that kind of money and have no idea what I'm going to get, if anything at all.  Unfortunately, no one else makes them.  I'll guess I'll just give up on it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The website has always sucked. They keep changing it but not for the better. I ordered a pair of rosewoods for my 4' 45 Redhawk and the grip locator hole was too big and the grips shifted under recoil and the top part that contacts the frame started to chip. I returned them and they sent a new pair that were the same so I filled them with epoxy and fixed them. I bought S&W rose woods from them 30 years ago that were fine. Their little one page flier was easier to find what you wanted than the website.
View Quote

My 4" Redhawk came with a different locator than the standard Redhawk. It does have a larger pin so a bigger hole makes sense. It was wearing the Hogue Bantams from the factory. Might explain why you had a problem. What was your revolver wearing prior to the Eagles?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My 4" Redhawk came with a different locator than the standard Redhawk. It does have a larger pin so a bigger hole makes sense. It was wearing the Hogue Bantams from the factory. Might explain why you had a problem. What was your revolver wearing prior to the Eagles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It had the factory Hogue grips. I  was wondering if the 4" came with a different  locator than the standard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top