Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2014 7:00:16 PM EDT
I upgraded my LCP today.  I went from a 1st generation blued unit, to one of the new stainless steel units.  The new generation ones have improved sight and shorter/easier trigger pull.  The newer redesigned ones don't have a hyphen in the serial number anymore.  

One problem - the trigger on the new ones has two (2) clicks before it resets.  Anyone who shoots pistols a lot holds the trigger back through recoil, releases it slightly while re-aiming, feels that click, and then pulls again for the quick follow-up shot.  That doesn't work with the new LCP.  Instead, you feel the click upon releasing trigger tension to reset, and then pull the trigger with all your might while nothing happens.  Then you realize that feeling the trigger reset doesn't work, and have to completely release the trigger through a second reset click, before it'll shoot again.  

Who thought this was a good idea??

Is there a mod to fix this?  I don't care that it's a long reset.  I'm fine with that.  Just, man, is having your finger feeling that first false reset going to get someone killed?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you shoot like that, it can be a problem.  If this isn't something that you will shoot often enough to train yourself out of, it could be a deal breaker for a carry pistol for you.  At least with the LCP, all you have to do is fully reset the trigger to fire again.  On the Taurus TCP, the hammer drops after pulling the trigger on the false reset.  Then your into a tap rack bang scenario.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I noticed this the other day when I fired my new Gen LCP for the first time. I'm thinking of getting the Sweet Pea trigger from Galloway.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
First of all- in the OP you said you got the new gun "today." Have you fired it yet? Try doing so- actually firing it is different from dry-firing. IMO you should be able to use the trigger just fine with some familiarity.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I noticed this the other day when I fired my new Gen LCP for the first time. I'm thinking of getting the Sweet Pea trigger from Galloway.
View Quote

I really don't see the point. Give it some more time- as above, familiarity with the trigger should help improve your operation.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't found this to be an issue with mine while shooting.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Not an issue.  I just shoot mine like a J frame.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously, I love my LCP, I carry it in my pocket all the time. While I do like to get it out and pop off a few rounds every now and then at pop cans or milk jugs, its not a target gun! Its made to carry in your pocket for close quarters defense, in a real world attack this thing is made to point and pull!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top