Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 2:41:19 PM EDT
Lately I've thought about adding laser grip to my SP101, although I don't like the thought of polymer with the amount of "kick" the 2 1/2" snubby has.
Crimson Trace appears to be the only manufacturer. With either polymer or overmold

Are there any other manufactures that have a better feel in the grip?
I've got fairly big hands so comfort and grip are both wanted.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Back when I bought the SP101 it was a spur of the moment thing. My gun dealer had just put one in the display case. Would you believe one just happened to follow me home that day? My wife didn't buy that story either!
After about a month and roughly a 1000 rounds fired, I liked it so much that I picked up another one BNIB from a friend. That one's been fired since, maybe 250 rounds, cleaned and put away.

Your suggestion of the GP100 also crossed my mind. The 3" model. If the option was there for a 2-1/2" barrel I'd probably already own one.
Lately I've pondered getting rid of one of the SP101's for something in .45 S/A with a rail for CC. I'm just not sure what brand or frame size I want.
If I do get a 45 S/A, my other SP101 would have a permanent place on my nightstand. So I thought an added laser grip would be nice for faster acquisition.

I'll have to see if I can find anyone at the range with the SP101 snubby who also has the added CT grips that I can get some trigger time with.

Thanks for your feedback. It helps.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Took my new SP101 to the range on Friday with the CT LG 303 the rubber over rnolded.  The laser was a little difficult to pick up being that it was outdoors at about 15 yards but the grip is comfortable.  I went with the 303 because it fit my hand better and it's a littler longer than the 111 so I could get about half my pinky on the grip which helped when I was shooting .357.  Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top