Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2015 6:38:24 PM EDT
So I'm having the hardest time removing the guide rod/spring from my Pro Carry 2. According to multiple video guides on YouTube it's "as easy" as depressing the spring and lifting the guide rod out. Well, I can't seem to get it to lift out when I depress it.

Could anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong or what I should be doing?

http://imgur.com/hbdJvUC

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a tiny hole in the rod. there is a disassembly tool that came with the gun. Stick that tool into the little hole and it will hold the spring compressed so you can remove it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there is a tiny hole in the rod. there is a disassembly tool that came with the gun. Stick that tool into the little hole and it will hold the spring compressed so you can remove it.
View Quote

Shit. That was easy - double checked the case it came in since I got it used and sure enough it was there!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
A paperclip works well too just an FYI.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
A safety pin will also work in a pinch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top