Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 9:09:38 PM EDT
Today I picked up from my first Kimber, also my first 1911.  I bought a Super Carry Pro from Top Gun Supply.  I got home a little before dark but I had time to grab a box of .45 and head out to the back yard.  In the 50 rounds I had two fail to loads and I noticed a few more times when I loaded a full mag and released the slide to go forward It would stop about a half inch short of where it should.  Just curious guys if this is to be expected.

Other than that I really like the pistol.  It feels good in my hand and it seemed to be pretty accurate with just the 50 rounds of practice.

Any thoughts on whether or not this is to be anticipated would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my super carry pro HD used. First range trip I had several FTF's. The extractor tension was way too tight, adjusted the tension and it's one slick running machine now. Took all of five minutes to fix.
You don't seem to be having half the problems I was, may just need a few more rounds fired.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Try different magazines. On a 1911 it's the weakest link. I use Tripp 8 round mostly with a couple Wilson  Combat 8 round.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try different magazines. On a 1911 it's the weakest link. I use Tripp 8 round mostly with a couple Wilson  Combat 8 round.
View Quote

This is a true statement, but your not gonna want to run Tripp or Wilson eight round mags in your gun. It will defeat the whole purpose of having a carry gun with a bobbed or rounded frame. You want a flush fitting mag, if your ok with seven rounds Tripp, Brown and several others will work great. But if your like me you want that extra round. I run CMC and Kimber Tac mags, I prefer the Kimbers very good mags hold eight and fit flush. I run the Kimber mags in my bobbed Ed Brown SF carry, work fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If you didn't clean the factory oil (rust preventative) and shot it I have had them have issues. Clean it and oil it or very least oil it and it should be ok.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The first thing I do when I buy a kimber is throw away the factory magazine. Some people complain that kimber only includes one mag with their pistols. I'm thankful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top