Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2014 2:21:26 PM EDT
What is the big difference between the two. The Gold is the top of the line I know, but all Kimbers are mated with the frame and slide from the beginning. The Gold has the flat top on the slide and magwell but are the internals different. Are higher quality parts used over the Custom or other less expensive models. I have seen where some say that if you spend that much for a Kimber you should be looking at a Les Baer instead. But the Les Baer would be much more with all the features of the Gold Combat. Those comments seem to come from the haters of the entire Kimber line. But other than the  cosmetics are the parts better and if so which ones if you know.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I own kimbers and les baers and neither has given any problems. between the two the les baer is your best bet but if you really like the kimber then go for it. never let the internet make 2000.00 decisions.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Already have 2 Kimbers but the Gold Combat is a fine looking weapon. But other than looks I wanted to know if higher quality internals were used because externally not that great of difference. Just trying to figure out the cost difference. I added a S&A slim magwell and added the amp safety because I am a lefty. That cost me under $150.00 to do. So now other than the flat top on the slide not much different externally. So I am not asking should I should I. I  am asking if someone knows if the parts are of greater quality than the TLE/RL to justify the difference in price. Mine shoots great never a problem but just trying to see what my next one might look like.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
IMHO the best 1911 Kimber ever made was the original 70 series Gold Combat. I would love to find one in outstanding condition. I had a Gold Combat II and sold it to buy a Wilson Combat. I should have kept it.

I also like the Custom Covert II, and next the custom or Compact CDP.

If I wanted a 9mm it would be the Custom or pro Aegis.

Just my 2cents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top