Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2014 7:30:26 PM EDT
Opinions please.  This is my current back up weapon for work.  It is a CDP Ultra 1 that I have had for approximately 10 years.  It has always been a duty weapon and has roughly 4000-4500 rounds through it.  Last Thursday I was qualifying with it and about half way through the course I had (2) stove pipe FTF almost back to back.  I have never had any feeding issues with this pistol so I thought that it was odd to get 2 FTF nearly in a row.  When I tore the pistol down to clean it I discovered this little gem.  Would/could this be my FTF problem?  Looking for some independent info before it goes back to Kimber for the repair.

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
dupe.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
yep, that would be a big problem but a simple fix for the gunsmith. call kimber and see what they will do and if you tell them how pleased you are with the gun I bet you can talk them into doing the work free, just maybe.
if not get the part and take to a decent smith.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the same model, about as old - will have to keep an eye on it now.  

Should be a straightforward fix though.

BTW - what make of front strap/finger groves is that?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the same model, about as old - will have to keep an eye on it now.  

Should be a straightforward fix though.

BTW - what make of front strap/finger groves is that?
View Quote

It has been so long but I think that they were Hogue grips.  The dealer put them on when I bought the pistol for me to try and I ended up really liking them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Parts brake, I have half as many rounds fired in mine as you do. But the same results, never any problems. It's a great shooter, I'd just replace that ejector and drive on. Probably be 10 more years and another 5000 rounds before anything else brakes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Just replace it and move on. 1911's break parts and like to be oily . My brother shoots on a national level (bullseye)  We had a long discussion about 1911 parts failures . even with custom guns and big money parts they break . In 90,000 rounds a 1911 is done btw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top