Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2013 10:00:03 PM EDT
I fondled one at the shop last week and it seemed well made. Seemed a little steep at $700.
Anyone have one? Need feedback.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the stainless model. Shoots great with zero problems.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
i have an sts solo i have a couple thousand rds down range with not one issue that includes 115 gn ammo as well .buy far my fav carry gun and the trigger just gets better as time goes on.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
One here also.  Never had any problems with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a stainless one and no issues to report.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
First one jammed a lot, and I just couldn't warm up to it.  Recently took my second Solo (STS model this time) and it ran like a champ with 124 and 147 gr. ammo I loaded in my garage.  I manage to create a hug pile of empty cases trying to get the first one broken in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have my brothers and so far am luke warm on it. Jams ans locks back after each round   am playing with some different rounds to see if this is the problem   springs seem overly tight  accurate.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#9]
These have been out for a couple years now right? I always wondered why they weren't more popular.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These have been out for a couple years now right? I always wondered why they weren't more popular.
View Quote

It's a real shame if Kimber dropped the ball on these. I handled one a while ago and thought it felt great in the hand and looked good. The combination of mediocre reviews and the relatively high price scared me off.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#11]
If it locks open after every round it has been reassembled wrong.  Read the owners manual and the leaflet they put in the box.
A lot of people have complained about the extremely stiff magazine release.  If you put a little upward pressure on the base of the mag while pushing the button it will pop right out.  
Other people have complained about miscellaneous jams.  First, don't limp wrist the pistol.  Second, make sure you're using 124/147 gr high performance ammo.  It tends not to like the lighter bullet weights and "range" ammo.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Good solid pistol, no problems.  Great summer off duty carry.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a CDP. The thing is a work of art inside and out. I love it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife has a CDP with Crimson Trace and she uses 135 grain Hornady ammo. No problems at all. Extended magazine makes it easier to control. She loves it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#15]
"If it locks open after every round it has been reassembled wrong"

This can't be over-emphasized. Very easy to miss this on re-assembly and the pistol will go back together just fine with the stop spring in the wrong position.

It's pricey but it's a great shooting little pistol, accurate, nicely sized, and equipped with a nice trigger. I have a "Carry" and a "CDP" and even though I could survive without the Lasergrips, between the added bulk of the grips and the checkering on the frame the CDP is my favorite "Mini" pistol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First one jammed a lot, and I just couldn't warm up to it.  Recently took my second Solo (STS model this time) and it ran like a champ with 124 and 147 gr. ammo I loaded in my garage.  I manage to create a hug pile of empty cases trying to get the first one broken in.
View Quote

you didn't reassemble your gun properly. you need to catch the spring when you put the pin back in.
i had that problem until i realized how i was reassembling it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Picked my Solo up today from my FFL. Slapped on the VZ grips I ordered, it feels good in my hands. Going to the range next week.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked one up last week, I'm very happy with it.  The thing with the slide stop spring during reassembly is a bit tricky, but I knew to watch out for it.  It runs fine with Federal 115gr FMJ, regardless of what the manual says.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#19]
i have over 3000 rds through mine it fires 115 gn just fine along with everything else and the trigger is awsome now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Got one a week ago.  Went to the range yesterday.
ran a box of Winchester 124gr white box through it with no problems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Very interested in the replies. I see they now carry the Solo carry dc that is all black. The book says its 17 oz with an empty magazine. I currently have a Sig P290rs that is 20 oz and looks about the same size. I have no complaints on the Sig have added parts to make trigger smother (new trigger, spring and steel guide rod) but I have not warmed up to it. My old small carry was the Kahr PM9 and that is why I tried to smooth out the trigger because the Kahr had such a great feel. With the new dc model Solo it is just a great looking weapon. I have two Kimber 1911's and both are great weapons.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked up a used one from the LGS store for $725.  Came with 4 mags and some sort of sneaky pete-ish holster.  I probably paid too much but the LGS is a Kimber dealer and they said it'll take months to get a new one in.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's my Solo w/VZ grips, had it at the range a few times, it's been flawless.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Buddy works at a major gun shop, and he is permitted to sign out and try used guns.  I wanted a solo, so he  signed out two of 'em.  One had just come in with reports that it was unreliable.

The reported unreliable one was indeed unreliable. weird failures:  The fired case would seemingly hang up hard on the case mouth of the top round in the mag.  Lots of visibly battering marks on the top round too.  Failures to eject (as noted above) with each magazine and using a half dozen or so types of ammo.  

The other was stone axe reliable.  It fed and fired everything, including moderate reloads and 115 grain loads (not recommended by Kimber).  Ran like a champ.  I bought this one.  recoil is STOUT.  Its not a target gun, but we got three inch groups at about 15 yards, off hand, without much trouble.  It'll shoot better I'm sure with more effort.

Fro
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I got the CDP. Its a little snappy. The Diamond model looks sickas fuck
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Just bought the Missus a Solo Stainless. She ran 50 rounds of ball and 50 rounds of my 124gr LRN reloads threw it this afternoon. It never missed a beat. Very nice smooth, non-stacking trigger.

One thing she noticed, then asked me to try, was the fact that with a normal attempt to drop the mag(either with strong hand thumb or index finger on ambi mag release) the grip is so short the heel of the strong hand hangs the mag in the gun. I noticed it, too, but could get it to drop free with a little manuevering of the strong hand. Not having as strong of grip hand as me, a little more expirimenting is in order for her.

So far, she likes it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I just brought home my new Solo Carry about an hour ago.  I'll put a few rounds through it tomorrow, if I have time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Just bought one myself. I'll take it to the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#29]
First trip to he range with Remington 115 grain fmj only had one hiccup (stove pipe). Second trip today was full of fail with a failure to eject(shell not extracted with it jammed against next round in mag). 124 grain fmj "Magtech" was no bueno... Next trip I will try one of the rounds they recommend--maybe jhp with a shorter nose will help?  For now it is not my normal concealed carry...
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Follow up on my Solo from the range today.  Picked up some 147 grain Hydrashock--no hiccups whatsoever. After a few more boxes of that and I will be happy, more confident in its capabilities,and will become my warm weather carry.  Pricey to feed it this ammo, and BOY does that have some snap, but the ability to carry this little beauty will be worth it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top