Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 9:46:34 PM EDT
My new DE shot very well with American Eagle 240 gr. JSP, and Hornady 240 gr. XTP ammo. Do you all have recommendations for other .44 factory ammo that shoots accurately and functions well in DEs? Unfortunately, I do not have enough time and resources to reload right now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had good luck with Mag-tech's 240gr semi-jacketed soft point. Feeds very reliably and the loads are stout enough to run the DE action.

The only problems I had was the non-ammo specific "this firearm needs to be cleaned every 20 rounds or it will jam"  issue.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I use almost exclusively 240gr TCSP in my DE, Federal, or PMC.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
S&B and Magtech both have been great.  Winchester White Box and American Eagle gave me issues (granted the gun was NIB with those).  Privi doesn't feed very well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Winchester White Box and American Eagle gave me issues...
View Quote

Interesting. You should try it again. I have good results with WWB.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Winchester White Box and American Eagle gave me issues...

Same here for me, only 44 ammo that runs well and can be consistently found.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
At some point I might re-try the WWB, I really do think I was having break in issues, and even sent the gun back to MR to get it looked at (trigger problem), so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. But in the meantime, the S&B can be had for ~30 a box (from J&G, my local guy wasn't quite that low, but it was a lot less) and I never have had an issue with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top