Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2015 2:55:27 PM EDT
I've read about the new DE .50 stainless pistols with integrated light rail that Magnum Research says is shipping as of January 2015. I've even seen the model with the integral muzzle break offered on Gunbroker. But, I want the SR model without the muzzle break and no dealers seem to have them yet. I even have Notifications set with 3 online dealers. Just seems strange they have released the muzzle break models, but., not the non-muzzle break models.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I finally heard back from two internet retailers that have the new DE50SR models in stock. Mine is in transit to my FFL dealer. I have a pair of Alumagrips aluminum grips that I'm waiting to put on the new DE. Hopefully they have not changed the dimensions on these new production guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Will ya post some pics when U get it???

I've been eyeing one also.

Where'd ya get the grips???
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the grips from Alumagrip online for a previous DE .50 I had before I purchased this one. I had to mill down some of the upper part of the grips to get them to fit properly (used a Dremel tool) and they work and fit. I just put them on the new DE and they fit like a glove. The Alumagrip make the grip a little more streamlined than the original plastic grips that come from the factory. I'll have to figure out how to post pics and will do that later.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Pics of the new DE 50.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Very Nice
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:02:25 AM EDT
[#6]
What holster is that?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a Blade Tech belt holster. I also have an El Paso Saddlery military shoulder holster and a shoulder holster that I purchased through the Magnum Research website.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Does it fit the light rail model you have?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately, it does not. It did not fit the leather holsters that I have from El Paso Saddlery and Magnum Research either. However, I put the holster in the leather holsters for a few days and the leather stretched out enough for it to fit. If I can get some longer screws and a couple of longer rubber spacers, I can get it to fit the Blade Tech holster also. That will take some searching and experimenting.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:32:51 AM EDT
[#10]
That's too bad. Any plans to mount a light on the lower rail or do you just like the look of the rails?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a number of Surefire X300 Ultra lights. For some reason one doesn't fit, but, the other one does. I also have a Viridian laser/flashlight that fits on the rail. I purchased this newer DE in order to mount lights on the rail. My next project will be to get Trijicon night sights for it.

I was able to locate some rubber spacers on Ebay that I modified (cut off some of the rubber) to fit the Blade-Tech holster. I had some longer screws and the modifications seem to be working. It not 100% the same as the original, the new DE fits and is snug in the holster. Just that the trigger guard doesn't lock in like the original one did because of the rail. I could probably get this to work better if I put it in the oven and softened the holster and then inserted the pistol to reform it to the rail. I don't know if I was to experiment to that point as the holster does work now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top