Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 1:53:31 PM EDT
So I have been having issues with my .50 Eagle, after I shoot, the trigger does not "reset", but instead stays in the depressed position. After playing with it at the range today I have found that two things can get the trigger to reset. One: dropping the mag, and two:pulling the hammer all the way back (there is just a little bit it can be pulled back after the slide cycles). The hammer appears to be fully cocked after each cycle. I have attempted to replicate the trigger issues by dry firing but have not been able to, the slide does indeed fully cock the hammer (again, there is a little bit of play in the hammer). I am using Hornady ammo. Is it possible that I am just limp-wristing, causing the issue?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had issues (just a post or two down actually) about the trigger not resetting in my brand new Israeli DE44.  The trigger would not reset, or it'd be really mushy and require recocking. It got to the point where I sent it in under warranty and was a stripped trigger adjustment screw that backed itself out in to the mag well, and there was also a burr on the trigger bar.  I'm now at about 400 rounds through it of all sorts of manufacturers and it's been eating everything being fed to it, even the marginal Blazer stuff is cycling perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You also want to be sure you are not interfering with the bottom of the magazine in any way, like using a cupped grip, or resting the pistol on the magazine bottom for more steady shooting. Those actions displace the magazine slightly in ways that can interfere with other basic functions.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok thanks, I will have to take it apart again and review those areas. I do not rest it on a table or use a cupped grip when shooting, but again, I have not ruled out limp-wristing quite yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top