Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2014 9:00:05 PM EDT
Hi

my Problem is that the polymer Extractor Spring was drained (B7 in grafic)
i read in some descriptions that Magnum Research says repair on the bolt is only in their plant possible...
ok, thats no possibility for me here in europe... (i love ITAR )

the Ejector Pin (B10) is fix, no way to put it out of the bolt to replace the Extractor Spring
(i use a pin driver, soft with a hammer, than stronger *ähm*, no way)
any idea how it possible, its an MKXIX .44mag (the MKVII bolt looks identical)

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/sidekixa/Desert%20Eagle/DEVerschluszligzerlegt_zps06c26daa.jpg

regards from Austria
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The entire bolt is able to be disassembled as pictured. I've taken the extractor and ejector out to thoroughly clean my bolt.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You must remove the extractor pin, B10 first.  Mount the bolt in a vise and use a pin punch.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You must remove the extractor pin, B10 first.  Mount the bolt in a vise and use a pin punch.
View Quote

This! Just make sure everything goes back the way you took it out.

Those pins are really in there so just use a nylon mallet and a drift-pin punch. If it's really gunked up, soak it down good with some PB blaster or other penetrating oil to help free it up.

I've heard some guys have had issues with them gunking up. My old VII doesn't and I only clean the bolt completely every 3-4000 rounds. It doesn't really need it every time, but I like to be thorough.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Those pins are really in there so just use a nylon mallet and a drift-pin punch. If it's really gunked up, soak it down good with some PB blaster or other penetrating oil to help free it up.

I've heard some guys have had issues with them gunking up. My old VII doesn't and I only clean the bolt completely every 3-4000 rounds. It doesn't really need it every time, but I like to be thorough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thx,
on the MKXIX bolt, the pin is realy solf to remove, the new polymer spring is in
on the MKVI bolt, the pin is no way to remove... but there is a real spring, so the bolt is OK (was only for replace)

can it be that the polymer spring is intolerance with some cleaning oil´s?
with one you use for cleaning?

on the way, i remove the pin on a MKVI / .357Mag bolt for cleaning (is a used replacement)
softly with an punch and...
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/sidekixa/Desert%20Eagle/P3180008_zps056e5f72.jpg

time for a new pin the old has already a old crack
but that was necessary, the bolt was very dirty inside...
and now i had a real spring for the 44/50 in reserve

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
?....Now thats some serious gunk! What all have you been firing in that gun?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What all have you been firing in that gun?
View Quote

nothing, that bolt i buy as resere (with some other parts form a "destroyed" Eagle)
i never use it, only disamble at the occasion and cleaning...
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#7]
WOW!!!! I can probably guess how it was destroyed. Those pins were probably fun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Sidekix:   Yes the polymer spring can deteriorate due to some types of gun cleaners   I purchased a used desert eagle and had the same problem.  Some types of gun cleaners such as Hoppes will destroy plastic so when you clean your DE remember to use something that won't harm plastics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top