Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 8:56:34 PM EDT
I love everything about my VP9 except for the magazine release.  In the real world, if you can't take an extra second or two to change your grip for replacing a magazine, you should have already found some cover...

but for competition, it does matter, well as far as competitions go.  Anyway, I would love to get both sizes with a push button release, any idea when it will actually happen?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Never.  That's one of H&K's "things".  Product differentiation.

Stick with it; you might find you come to like it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#2]
When was it ever rumored to happen?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When was it ever rumored to happen?
View Quote
Do a simple Google search for VP9 new models and you will see it brought up as an option on some of the new models they released in Europe.  Also optional safety, long slide model, optics ready model, and even a "marine" model.  Looks like info came out same time they announced the SK model as well.  Europe seems to get them before the US.

I can't wait for the long slide and OR models to come here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Push button mag release – someday.
I'm also waiting for a compact model Glock 19 size but maybe never.
And the VP45. Someday.
And an updated USP...but I suspect that may only be a pic rail replacing the Hk proprietary slot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
A push button mag release on an HK would be a drastic change for HK.  I would guess if a large enough foreign government placed an order HK would make it.   OP just sweep down with your trigger finger.  Its actually quite fast.  David
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
you can try using the thumb and your index finger of the support hand.  As you release your grip these two fingers are in the right position to pull down on both the right and left side levers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Blasphemy! I love paddle releases. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you can try using the thumb and your index finger of the support hand.  As you release your grip these two fingers are in the right position to pull down on both the right and left side levers.
View Quote

I use the middle finger on my dominant hand.  It's way faster, smoother, and easier than any thumb release IMO.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Scroll down to the thread/poll on how best to use the paddle release.  Lots of good responses and methods discussed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
some of the methods suggested may result in a DQ depending on the range director...   I have tried different methods and nothing is as easy an extended mag release on a Glock...   if there was an aftermarket option that made the paddle larger, that would possibly make a difference.  I am surprised nobody has made one.

as far as a G19 size VP9, I think H&K had decided to split the sizes compared to Glock.  A regular VP9 is inbetween the G17 and G19 and if you watch Hickok45s video on the SK, its inbetween the G19 and G26.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Me too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too.
Me Three
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#13]
The more I use the paddle the more I like it
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Me Three
View Quote
ME4
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]
The mag release and manual safety are advertised on the GERMAN site.  Hopefully we will get both here in the states.

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/sport/full-size-compact/sfp9/sfp9/product-overview.html

Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
some of the methods suggested may result in a DQ depending on the range director...   I have tried different methods and nothing is as easy an extended mag release on a Glock...   if there was an aftermarket option that made the paddle larger, that would possibly make a difference.  I am surprised nobody has made one.

as far as a G19 size VP9, I think H&K had decided to split the sizes compared to Glock.  A regular VP9 is inbetween the G17 and G19 and if you watch Hickok45s video on the SK, its inbetween the G19 and G26.
View Quote
If you use your trigger finger to drop the mag you don't shift your grip at all.  I won't argue that its faster than an extended release on a Glock but it's certainly not slower.

How could you get a DQ?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered my 3rd HK a Mark 23 I love the paddle mag release...
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The mag release and manual safety are advertised on the GERMAN site.  Hopefully we will get both here in the states.

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/sport/full-size-compact/sfp9/sfp9/product-overview.html

http://i.imgur.com/aVWd4mr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9a6KaQY.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you use your trigger finger to drop the mag you don't shift your grip at all.  I won't argue that its faster than an extended release on a Glock but it's certainly not slower.

How could you get a DQ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How could you get a DQ?
I've seen a couple of NDs with folks trying to come off the trigger and get to the paddle with their trigger finger quickly.  I never felt comfortable with using my trigger finger--my finger doesn't move that way as quickly (and confidently clear of the trigger) as I can just turn the gun a tiny bit and use my thumb.  I just stopped thinking about it, and using my thumb as though the paddle were a button seems to work just fine.  That being said, I'd be first in line for a thumb-button release VP9.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#20]
My Department has been running HK's with paddle mag releases since 1989.  Everyone has been taught to sweep the straight trigger finger down to release the mag.  Strong side or support side we do the same.  Course of fire we shoot has always had and emergency reload with the support side hand.  Never seen an issue before.  David
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ME4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me Three
ME4
ME5
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I've shot mine in USPSA Production. The paddle is the reason I switched from Glock, much faster to use my trigger finger to release magazine without having to shift grip. Came naturally to me.

ETA: Never questioned by an RO, never seen a ND using this method either. I used to shoot a lot with Team HK's Jason Linn and never seen him have an issue or be called on it either.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top