User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 5:28:27 PM EDT

The owner of
Hkparts.net
Is faceing 33_years in Federal Prision.

For gun and multiple other chargers.

http://www.tacticalshit.com/hkparts-net-owner-faces-33-years-federal-prison-multiple-charges/

Posting from crapy old tablet, best I coukd do right now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of it tax charges.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of it tax charges.
View Quote

He should hang out at the White House like Reverend Al does, apparently that makes you immune from paying taxes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]

That is an awful lost of the same models for a "collection”.  Just sayin

View Quote

Wow what a stupid statement. I have 53 of the same gun, am I now a criminal?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
This was 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I have heard he is a good guy to deal with. Hope he beats this.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From what I have heard he is a good guy to deal with. Hope he beats this.
View Quote

Hasn't he already been convicted?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
"Nice guy" perhaps, but he's a criminal. If this happened to Hillary we'd all be high fiving each other and lighting cigars. I'm not going to go into mourning just because it was HK parts and guns he was selling.

A friend of mine got his P7 from HKParts a few years back and did an out of state transfer. I've been wondering how he did it. I've concluded that Adam must have asked who the receiving FFL was and contacted them directly. At that point he most likely sent the firearms as an individual, and the buyer was none the wiser. That's incredibly stupid, but I'm pretty confident that's how he was selling al those guns.

In my only hands-on dealing with him, I ordered Glock mags and he sent me USP45 mags. I informed him of the error and he gave me static over it. I responded again, saying "Let me say this another way: I ordered $20 mags and you sent me $60 mags." At that point he chuckled and agreed to send me my mags and a return label for the wrong ones, but it was not before he gave me some skeptical BS. Money was the only thing that rang Adam's ears in my case.

If anyone wants to run with the devil and buck the system, go for it. Just don't expect a sympathy card when things go awry.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Adam doesnt "own" HKParts anymore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Wrong and illegal are quite often two different things.

I hope he got away with a lot more than he got caught for!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#11]
After reading the article in the highlight its obvious they played real dirty to get a conviction. To bad other agencies aren't as tenacious and let the bigger fish not only get away but run in current elections.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

After reading the article in the highlight its obvious they played real dirty to get a conviction.
View Quote

Nah, he handed it to them on a silver platter.

(Fuck Recoil) http://www.recoilweb.com/adam-webber-of-hk-parts-convicted-96831.html

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

(Fuck Recoil) http://www.recoilweb.com/adam-webber-of-hk-parts-convicted-96831.html

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After reading the article in the highlight its obvious they played real dirty to get a conviction.

Perfectly legal to me, unless of course, one does not believe in the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Perfectly legal to me, unless of course, one does not believe in the 2nd amendment.
View Quote

Let's see...he gets in huge trouble for building/transferring an illegal SBR, then signs an agreement with the ATF that he would never again be in the business of selling firearms. He then goes on to purchase several hundred firearms, which he sold openly on his website (many even on this site have purchased those same guns from him). He then gets nailed for it, but now we're supposed to go picketing on his behalf with signs that read FREEDOM? I don't think so. We all sleep in the beds that we make for ourselves.

I live quite modestly because I choose to live an honest, clean life that is congruent to the laws that society has established long before my birth. I could "buck the system" and live lawlessly, just as some have clearly chosen to do, but there is a risk vs. reward analysis involved. Sometimes you can steal the steak, other times the butcher is going to catch you red-handed.

He signed an agreement with a Federal Agency that has the power to throw him in prison for a long, long time. He broke that agreement, and he did so openly with no attempt to hide it. That's just plain stupid.

If you want to go and sell hundreds of firearms on a website without being licensed, be my guest. Once you take the bite stick, don't expect the community to come to your aid "because 2nd amendment, bro."

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, at least he had a contingency for keeping HKParts going. I am still ordering and receiving match trigger kits and Devil Handed control levers. So for that, I wholeheartedly thank him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Let's see...he gets in huge trouble for building/transferring an illegal SBR, then signs an agreement with the ATF that he would never again be in the business of selling firearms. He then goes on to purchase several hundred firearms, which he sold openly on his website (many even on this site have purchased those same guns from him). He then gets nailed for it, but now we're supposed to go picketing on his behalf with signs that read FREEDOM? I don't think so. We all sleep in the beds that we make for ourselves.

I live quite modestly because I choose to live an honest, clean life that is congruent to the laws that society has established long before my birth. I could "buck the system" and live lawlessly, just as some have clearly chosen to do, but there is a risk vs. reward analysis involved. Sometimes you can steal the steak, other times the butcher is going to catch you red-handed.

He signed an agreement with a Federal Agency that has the power to throw him in prison for a long, long time. He broke that agreement, and he did so openly with no attempt to hide it. That's just plain stupid.

If you want to go and sell hundreds of firearms on a website without being licensed, be my guest. Once you take the bite stick, don't expect the community to come to your aid "because 2nd amendment, bro."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point being made would be that the 2nd Amendment predates whatever laws he's accused of violating, and it clearly states "shall not be infringed" - thus the series of laws he's prosecuted under are clearly unconstitutional - congruent to the laws that society has established long before the ATF.

It's taking an originalist stance saying the laws are wrong (a 16" length of metal pipe is legal, a 10" length of metal pipe is prison), while you're pointing out the practical effects of accepting and living with statutes that are ultimately in conflict with the law of the land.

Since this is a tech forum, just pointing that difference out.  I think there's still a thread elsewhere discussing this in GD or Team or something.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The point being made would be that the 2nd Amendment predates whatever laws he's accused of violating, and it clearly states "shall not be infringed" - thus the series of laws he's prosecuted under are clearly unconstitutional - congruent to the laws that society has established long before the ATF.

It's taking an originalist stance saying the laws are wrong (a 16" length of metal pipe is legal, a 10" length of metal pipe is prison), while you're pointing out the practical effects of accepting and living with statutes that are ultimately in conflict with the law of the land.

Since this is a tech forum, just pointing that difference out.  I think there's still a thread elsewhere discussing this in GD or Team or something.
View Quote

The creation of an SBR is very much in the realm of a technical discussion, and it is the result of this very specific action that led to the snowballing of the topic at hand. The agreements made with the BATF immediately following the incident made it illegal for him to engage in the business of selling firearms, period.

I've been here for a quite a long time, and to the best of my knowledge, the forum does not advocate or promote illegal activity, regardless of the rationale or emotions that may be rolled up into it. I'd wager that there's not a single person on this forum that was around to see NFA legislation come to pass in 1934. We can discuss what's right or wrong about all of it, we can even blame the Chicago Mob, John Dillinger, Clyde Barrow, Bonnie Parker and more for what happened, but that particular discussion would be the one most suited to the GD section of the forum.

I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone, but the last time someone tried to "help" abolish these rules, we wound up with 41P.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like he dodged a bicycle and got hit by a truck.

If he was in agreement with the BATFE he should have taken extra steps to stay far away from the line and it sound like he crossed it by media accounts if accurate.
I am not a fan of  the government or BATFE but they make and enforce the rule and its their game board we all walk on.

Its a non-violent "crime" and should be settled with WAY less incarceration , if any and asset forfeiture is bad enough.
Its sad when violent criminals harm real people and often get less prison time.

The BATFE "Fast & Furious" is one example and several people across the border were killed along with two federal agents here and no one was fined or got a day in jail.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
-
regardless of the rationale or emotions that may be rolled up into it.

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]
HKParts.net responded to a question about their status as a company in light of their owner being now a convicted felon. Here is the response they offered:

HK Parts future is bright and FULL of new and new items coming weekly!

As you can imagine. Adam and his family are devastated with the outcome of the federal prosecution. We feel for him and his family at this difficult time and we wish him all the best.

With that said. This has nothing to do with HKPARTS as a company as it is and will continue to operate with or without Adam. There never was an issue with the company itself the issue was with Adam and he alone. We have a great supportive staff that is picking up the pieces and moving forward and putting the past behind us. I hope this addresses your concerns and question. We have an entire line of new and exciting items being released weekly!

Regards,

HKPARTS

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Ouch.  He was always great to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody know what the sentence is yet?
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Sentencing hearing to follow. At this point he has been convicted. These things take time.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top