Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2016 11:50:34 PM EDT
I spend a decent amount of time wondering why I don't have a VP9, this might be the last straw.  Finally a factory HK VP9 threaded barrel  It comes with night sights, 3 mags, and says TACTICAL on the side too, matches my USP45Tac.  I'm probably going to give in...
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a good host?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
And probably a fair bit less expensive than it cost me to make essentially the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no issues shooting my VP9 suppressed.  It's the quietest between my Beretta 92 and Glock 19.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]
That's sexy, I've been holding off on adding a VP to my HK collection but I think this one will be the last straw.  Now for a vp45 and vp45T.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I just wish they'd come out with an SK or compact version.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Picked up a new FDE VP9 on Saturday. It goes nicely with my FDE Mark 23.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a LE VP9 Tactical from Keely Arms.  It is a sweet gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I've held off on getting a VP9 and just picked up a VP9T yesterday. All I can say is HK hit a home run with this pistol and I'm glad I waited for the tactical.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered mine. $701 before sales tax.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:11:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1, & in .45 cal also.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure it won't be long before they do. HK is really focusing on the US market quite a bit lately with them losing contracts in other regions of the world. The US is a very solid market for them and I'm sure there are plenty more things to come in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Guess ill have to buy one of these too
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've said this awhile now, but I really don't see how this isn't out yet even given HKs slower release history. All the difficult engineering components like the trigger and striker assembly is already designed and would require absolutely minimum redesign. All that needs to be done is chop the grip and barrel to 30sk length, and tinker with the RSA, again likely modeling after the 30sk. Mags already exist...in the form of 30sk mags. Like, the gun is already 95% developed, they just need to piece together all the pieces they've already designed, and make millions of dollars.

Add to that the added appeal to law enforcement agencies that can now purchase the VP9 for duty and VP9sk for backup/off duty gun, and they'd be potentially taking in tons of money through both the booming CC market and LEO dept sales.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm incredibly jealous.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have no issues shooting my VP9 suppressed.  It's the quietest between my Beretta 92 and Glock 19.
View Quote

Dedicated 9mm can or generic like a 45 can?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I've wanted one since I fist found out about them but have waffles on it.

The tactical will probably make me buy one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine arrived yesterday.  Picked it up today.

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://s21.postimg.org/btc6g3ftj/image.jpg
View Quote

What is between the two extra back straps, looks like a magazine but not for the VP9?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Where is the cheapest place to pick one of these up?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What is between the two extra back straps, looks like a magazine but not for the VP9?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s21.postimg.org/btc6g3ftj/image.jpg

M&P airsoft magazine, lol.

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like I said, I found mine for $701 before sales tax.  Another shop has it listed for $735.  

So around here, it looks to be at the low $700 mark.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Like I said, I found mine for $701 before sales tax.  Another shop has it listed for $735.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No link or name of the shop…
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I picked mine up at the gunshow for $699 OTD including tax. It was the only one I saw at the whole show and I snagged it up as soon as I saw it. You probably won't see them anywhere cheaper than the $699 price for a while since they were just released. CDNN has them right now for that on sale.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I picked mine up at the gunshow for $699 OTD including tax. It was the only one I saw at the whole show and I snagged it up as soon as I saw it. You probably won't see them anywhere cheaper than the $699 price for a while since they were just released. CDNN has them right now for that on sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit. I have an Obsidian that's been sitting on a form 4 since early May. A VP9 tactical would be a great host to ago along with my p226. I wish HK would offer factory RH threaded barrels in their pistols since I already have a 1/2-28 piston. Silencerco makes barrels but then I have to buy it seperate and sell the factory barrel. Or I could buy a VP 9LE and just not have a "tactical" slide.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's sexy, I've been holding off on adding a VP to my HK collection but I think this one will be the last straw.  Now for a vp45 and vp45T.
View Quote

I am waiting on the VP45 myself.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Any chance they'll offer a FDE frame VP9 tactical?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dammit. I have an Obsidian that's been sitting on a form 4 since early May. A VP9 tactical would be a great host to ago along with my p226. I wish HK would offer factory RH threaded barrels in their pistols since I already have a 1/2-28 piston. Silencerco makes barrels but then I have to buy it seperate and sell the factory barrel. Or I could buy a VP 9LE and just not have a "tactical" slide.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears there may be an Osprey in you're future.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any chance they'll offer a FDE frame VP9 tactical?
View Quote

I think we will see a number of new options from the VP line in the future. It would make good business sense for HK to expand on the line and they just posted today on FB asking what other colors folks would like to see. I personally would love an OD VP9T and OD VP45T.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't Rugged make a LH metric piston?  I was thinking of getting an Obsidian specifically for this pistol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Finally got out to the range........
Target on right was not concentrating on the mechanics.  10 yards, 10 rounds, slow fire, trigger, sight alignment focus.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Doesn't Rugged make a LH metric piston?  I was thinking of getting an Obsidian specifically for this pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was lamenting the communist L/H threads on the HK barrel when I already have a 1/2-28 piston to go with my 1/2-28 P226 threaded barrel. I would rather spend a little extra to have aftermarket barrels with common threads than buying different pistons for each host.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just buy a 13.5mm LH piston.  HK and CZ barrels are not "upgradeable".
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the Silencerco VP9 threaded barrels aren't good enough for an HK??

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've held off on getting a VP9 and just picked up a VP9T yesterday. All I can say is HK hit a home run with this pistol and I'm glad I waited for the tactical.

<a href="http://s464.photobucket.com/user/honkonthree/media/6DAAD167-B582-4224-8600-A131EE3E64BB_zpscnepzint.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/honkonthree/6DAAD167-B582-4224-8600-A131EE3E64BB_zpscnepzint.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s464.photobucket.com/user/honkonthree/media/369917DD-11AB-4A80-9AB9-6DA444A41AF2_zpsdbbosce3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/honkonthree/369917DD-11AB-4A80-9AB9-6DA444A41AF2_zpsdbbosce3.jpg</a>
View Quote

Ive been out of the HK forums for a while. Boy am I glad i stopped by here, I had no idea that this pistol even existed. I have 7000 rounds through my VP9 now and one never had an issue. I was considering picking one up in FDE but I just might get the Tactical instead. Now if they'd just release a VP9 Compact.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Are there any on the shelf holster options currently available for the VP9 Tactical?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are there any on the shelf holster options currently available for the VP9 Tactical?
View Quote

Comptac MTAC works for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't get it wet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#39]
doubletap
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Don't get it wet.
View Quote

???? Shot mine in a downpour just the other day with no issues.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#41]
and why the hell didnt they put suppressor height sights on this?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

HK never does.  Heinie makes a nice set though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#43]
dupe.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

three dot suppressor height night sights?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Heinie-HK45-C-P30-L-SK-VP9-Tactical-SlantPro-QWIK-212p2125.htm
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Two guns to make that combo.  Exactly what I want.
View All Quotes

Yea. Pulled them off the shelf at work and made a baby.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Heinie-HK45-C-P30-L-SK-VP9-Tactical-SlantPro-QWIK-212p2125.htm

thats not three dot sights though.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top