Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 7:10:33 PM EDT
Anyone having this problem? The gun shoots awesome but it's digging into my rear thumb knuckle and it's pretty uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
No but mine chewed up my trigger finger with the mag levers.  Why I sold it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No but mine chewed up my trigger finger with the mag levers.  Why I sold it.
View Quote

First couple mags it was irritating my trigger finger but that went away. The recoil is definitely more harsh than my full size m&p was.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:02:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what you mean...  What is hitting your thumb?  Mine was bothering the bottom of my trigger finger.  I popped out the trigger and opened up that trough under the trigger and do not have a problem now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not sure what you mean...  What is hitting your thumb?  Mine was bothering the bottom of my trigger finger.  I popped out the trigger and opened up that trough under the trigger and do not have a problem now.
View Quote

The corner of the frame is digging into my second knuckle on my right hand.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which finger?  you have 4 second knuckles.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine doesn't dig into any of my knuckles.  Glocks tend to give me "Glock knuckle" from the trigger guard but so far the HK hasn't.  I have pretty big hands and shoot about 1k rounds a month.  My VP9 is also a really soft shooter, so when you say the recoil is harsh, well, that's weird.

What's your grip like?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still can't picture how it is hitting you.  My hands are pretty big and I don't get hit anywhere...  Also, I think the VP9 is quite soft shooting.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Whatever you would call that second knuckle/joint at the base of your thumb. It came with the small back strap/panels installed so that could be attributing to it. I plan to try the medium back strap and see if that alleviates the problem.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]
STI grip safeties hit me there something awful.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok...  I run mine with medium back and large sides.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ok...  I run mine with medium back and large sides.
View Quote

I'm going to switch it around tonight and try it tomorrow. I want to like the gun because it shoots better than the sig 320, M&Ps, and Glocks I've owned.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:19:43 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread is something else. Tearing up knuckles , harsh recoil , and trigger finger being eaten up by the mag release Has anyone else mentioned trigger slap? Surprised that one was left out.

Between my G20, P320, M&P, P226, 92FS, USP, P30, 1911, Mustang, and now the latest the LCP, I have yet to encounter any of this affliction.

Shrugs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]
You can actually get up higher with your grip.  I run my thumbs very high and forward which helps counter the high bore axis.  It might also move your knuckle into a position where the frame isn't beating up on it.  Also make sure you get your support hand as high as you can and pretty far forward.  Bob Vogel has an excellent YouTube video demonstrating his grip where he discusses not gripping the gun "like a monkey grips a hammer".  I tend to ride the slide release with this grip from years of 1911 shooting so sometimes the slide doesn't lock open on the last round, play with your grip some.. the VP9 is a great gun.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got back from shooting 100 rounds threw the VP9 again and didn't have any problems at all. Not sure what happened the first range trip but it seems fine now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just got back from shooting 100 rounds threw the VP9 again and didn't have any problems at all. Not sure what happened the first range trip but it seems fine now.
View Quote

Excellent!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top