Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2016 1:20:46 PM EDT
Looking to have have the safety/decocker  removed or at the least switched to the other side as well as replace the old sights with others that work.

Who does reputable work?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to have have the safety/decocker  removed or at the least switched to the other side as well as replace the old sights with others that work.

Who does reputable work?
View Quote

Can you be more specific in what you want to do?  It sounds like you have a V1 now, but you want to change it to a V2 (switched to the other side) or change it to a double action only variant?  

Bruce Gray is usually the go-to guy for HK, but changing the trigger variant in a USP is very easy to do yourself.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can you be more specific in what you want to do?  It sounds like you have a V1 now, but you want to change it to a V2 (switched to the other side) or change it to a double action only variant?  

Bruce Gray is usually the go-to guy for HK, but changing the trigger variant in a USP is very easy to do yourself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who does reputable work?

Had to google the V1/V2 but it appears that is what I am looking to do.
I figure I have to send the gun off to get the sights done, and the safety/decocker needs to be replaced anyway so why not just have one person do everything.
Will check out Bruce Gray, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I figure I have to send the gun off to get the sights done, and the safety/decocker needs to be replaced anyway so why not just have one person do everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who does reputable work?

Because for the sights you would just have to ship the slide. Much cheaper than shipping an entire pistol due to shipping laws.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I would contact James at TT.  He should be able to take care of your USP.  I would bet money that he would be cheaper and faster than Grey Guns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would contact James at TT.  He should be able to take care of your USP.  I would bet money that he would be cheaper and faster than Grey Guns.
View Quote

He did a great job on my vp9
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are both easy DIY jobs.  Instructions for the parts swap are online.  Buy a sight tool and do your own sights forever.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you have done to your VP9?

Will get a quote from him too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had him install supplied Trijicon HD Sights.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm somewhat of a combination between James at TT and doing work myself.  I sent my P7 to him and was really impressed.  It came back looking nearly brand new.  It had a lot of holster wear and general dirt.  I also did some LEM conversions by myself and was surprised at how easy they were.  Either way is a good way to go IMO  

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those are both easy DIY jobs.  Instructions for the parts swap are online.  Buy a sight tool and do your own sights forever.
View Quote

What he said...

I own a number of USPs.  I have become fairly proficient in removing and installing LEM and DA/SA hammers and trigger parts.  It's not that hard if you have any mechanical inclination and a few basic tools.  

I bought an MGW sight tool and have used it numerous times.  It was money well spent.

Now, I haven't ventured into the disassembly and repair of the legacy HK pistols.  I bought a P9S that needed work.  It went to James for repair, and he did a great job.  If any of my P7s need work, they will most likely go to James as well.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top