Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2016 2:06:53 PM EDT
The grip panels on the HK P30 are awesome, but they tear up the skin on my back when I carry in a CCW holster.  I was thinking on belt-sanding one of the extras down so it would be smoother, but it will look like shit!  Are there any aftermarket options out there that fit the P30?  I ended up just buying a USPc to carry, but the P30 would be better in every way, otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The grip panels on the HK P30 are awesome, but they tear up the skin on my back when I carry in a CCW holster.  I was thinking on belt-sanding one of the extras down so it would be smoother, but it will look like shit!  Are there any aftermarket options out there that fit the P30?  I ended up just buying a USPc to carry, but the P30 would be better in every way, otherwise.
View Quote

I'm not aware of any aftermarket panels, and you can't interchange the P30 panels with the VP9 panels.  I think you should go ahead with the sanding idea, without the belt sanding part.  I haven't personally done it, but I've seen really nice sanding jobs on Glocks, Pearce Grip extenders, etc, but it took time and patience with gradually higher grit sandpaper until you get to the barely abrasive grit level.  The worse that could happen in this case is that you have to buy replacement P30 panels from HKparts.net, so if you screw up, it's an easily replaceable insert part, not the actual grip itself that's ruined.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If u tuck your under shirt in, the grips won't scratch u. So much more comfortable for any gun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If u tuck your under shirt in, the grips won't scratch u. So much more comfortable for any gun.
View Quote

This.

It also keeps your sweat from creating a patina that makes your couple year old gun look like it's 100 years old.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Take the guilty panel off, and sand it down with some 500-600 grit paper to smoothen it up.

Worst case, you screw it up or hate it, you order another panel for $10 or whatever.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I sanded mine. They look fine. Wipe it with a wet cloth after sanding.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top