Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2016 2:02:30 PM EDT
So I currently have a P2000 and a P2000 SK both in .40 and LEM. I came across the SK through a trade and later purchased the P2000 to have the set. I like the guns themselves but I'm debating on selling these and buying a VP40, 229 or something else. At first I thought the idea of the LEM trigger was pretty cool and good for a carry option. After putting a few hundred rounds through these, I just cant seem to get a good feel for the LEM trigger, I'm just not a fan as its completely different from everything else I have. Every time I go to shoot one of these after shooting my striker guns Its take a couple mags just too reaquire a feel for it. I've come to not really like it because of this, and dont really carry them for the same reason. I've always been a striker fired fan and that what I've mainly shot and carried over the last couple years, but I'm not against SA/DA either. I like the HK quality and after handling the VP40 I like it. What do you guys think I should do? I was also curious if there are plans for a compact or subcompact version of the VP40 to be released at some point? I like to have the mag compatibility between guns. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that if you prefer strikers, you should just do it and get the VP40. If you collect, keep them and save up for the VP. If you don't collect and looking for a reason to slim down, I'd say pick the one you don't really carry or not carry at all and sell that to help fund the VP40.

I too like having the commonality of mags so even though I don't like shooting my P30L as much, it's good to have a single mag that also works for my VP9's.

Good luck with your decisions, sir.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:59:57 AM EDT
[#2]
i would dump them and get something you want,.

i always ask...why .40?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I puchased a P30 V1 to place it into service as my primary CCW recently after carrying Glocks for a number of years.  I have the V4.1ch parts in it now and while it is an improvement, it doesn't really blow my skirt up or anything.  To be honest, I've almost got a little buyer's remorse over purchasing it instead of the P229 Legion.  Then I remind myself that SIG's subcompact p-series offering, the P224, is a fat little pig compared to the P30sk.  Since I bought it as a CCW, and I like having the option of a subcompact gun with the same trigger/sights/spare mags as my full size, the HK makes more sense.  If I was buying a range toy, the P226 Legion SAO would be at the top of my list.  Since you're not opposed to striker-fired polymer pistols, have you considered a P320?  SIG did a nice job with the modularity of the design.  In any case, I don't see why HK won't come out with a VP40sk down the road.  It makes sense given the the other fullsize/sk models they offer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
After some more thought and another range session, I sold them yesterday. I,be handled a VP40 twice since I posted and am going to shoot one today. I'm pretty sure that I will buy a VP40, I really like them. I'm pretty much decided on a striker and am going to shoot a PPQ and a P320 today as well just to see how they compare to the HK. As far as .40 goes, I'm pretty young and I learned to shoot with .40's and have just always been comfortable with it. Although it's snappy, I like it ballisticaly and honestly I just like to be a little different than everyone else. It's also nice to be a quick barrel change from shooting .357 sig....
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top