Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2016 2:04:05 PM EDT
I've been offered $1,000.00 for my P7 with the protruding magazine butt release, here is a pic similar to mine.

Mine is around 95%, no box, 1 magazine.

Thoughts on value???

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That's about right these days from what I have seen.  Unless you need the cash, I'd hang onto it as they are going up up up in value.  I paid 1000 for mine that's similar to yours.  I have 2 mags and a box, I bet I could get 1200 fairly easily from it.  Someone might say less than 1000 but I have seen otherwise from sales on gb and the HK boards.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Do a search on completed items on gunbroker.  I've seen many go for more.  I would consider 1000 too low, unless you want to sell it to me
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Really clean, two mags, and a box will bring $1400 to $1700 n gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently, he's backed out.

Sounds like that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Given that I don't see a "HKI-Trussville" on the frame, I would assume that's an Arlington import commercial P7 and not an ex-police gun.  

If it is a commercial P7, I would give you $1,000 for it.  Let me know if you are interested in selling it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Given that I don't see a "HKI-Trussville" on the frame, I would assume that's an Arlington import commercial P7 and not an ex-police gun.  

If it is a commercial P7, I would give you $1,000 for it.  Let me know if you are interested in selling it.
View Quote
You do know that pic was not of OPs actual pistol right?  OP said that in his first post.  

Also there are PD trade ins that did not do through Arlington or Trussville.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If You sell it and then want to replace it in the future it will cost You. I've seen some pretty beat up P7's with the box people are asking 1800 for.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You do know that pic was not of OPs actual pistol right?  OP said that in his first post.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

D'oh.   I missed that the P7 pictured wasn't the actual pistol.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently he's back interested...

I could care less about collecting, I have a later P7. Both are commercial models. My wife carried the later model on duty for 14 years. As far as I'm concerned it WOULD be the perfect carry pistol IF it weighed around 10 ounces less. I love P7's but they're a PIG!

I had an M13 when they first came out and HATED IT! IIRC, Massad Ayoob echoed my comments that the M13 destroyed everything that was great about the P7. It was heavier, bulkier, etc.

I gave $600.00 for the early one around 20 years ago. It came with 4 mags and a Bianchi Askins Avenger holster.

Actual photos....

The way I'm looking at it is it equals Two S&W 9mm Performance Center Shields One for the wife and one for me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Apparently he's back interested...

I could care less about collecting, I have a later P7. Both are commercial models. My wife carried the later model on duty for 14 years. As far as I'm concerned it WOULD be the perfect carry pistol IF it weighed around 10 ounces less. I love P7's but they're a PIG!

I had an M13 when they first came out and HATED IT! IIRC, Massad Ayoob echoed my comments that the M13 destroyed everything that was great about the P7. It was heavier, bulkier, etc.

I gave $600.00 for the early one around 20 years ago. It came with 4 mags and a Bianchi Askins Avenger holster.

Actual photos.......

The way I'm looking at it is it equals Two S&W 9mm Performance Center Shields One for the wife and one for me.
View Quote

That's a nice P7 with a little honest wear.  

Since you asked for the value of your P7, I'll throw out my completely non-professional opinion.  I will say that I've purchased seven and sold four different versions of P7s over the last couple of years.  In the current market, I think your P7 is worth between $1200 - $1400.  $1200 if you wanted to sell it quickly and $1400 if you were willing to wait a few weeks to sell it.

I think it could reach $1700-1800 in today's market if it had zero holster wear, both magazines, the box, the manual, the cleaning tools, and the test target.  I've noticed that minty Arlington import P7s with all of the aforementioned stuff are knocking on the door of P7M8 prices.

Good luck with your sale.

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#11]
The way I'm looking at it is it equals Two S&W 9mm Performance Center Shields  
View Quote

I wouldn't trade the P7 for two SW anything.  If You want an SW just go buy one. These P7 series guns just keep going up and I don't see them leveling off anytime soon.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I just sold one in really nice condition with 4 mags and a holster for $1,600 a few weeks back. I could have held out for more but it was a safe queen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wouldn't trade the P7 for two SW anything.  If You want an SW just go buy one. These P7 series guns just keep going up and I don't see them leveling off anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The way I'm looking at it is it equals Two S&W 9mm Performance Center Shields  

I agree. Also, because they stopped making them some time ago the price can only go up. I have several M8's and M13's (a couple are NIB) and might someday sell one or two if the price was right. But, I'm always going to keep at least one M8 and one M13. I have a PSP that I'm not that fond of because of the European magazine release which is too slow for combat reloads. That would be the first one I would consider selling if I was so inclined. But, as noted, I 'd never sell any P7 series pistol to buy a S&W or Glock or Sig, or a newer, cheesy plastic HK.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Are the police imports valued less than the non police P7s?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
generally yes

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a PSP I purchased while stationed in Germany in 1984. It has has 3 magazines, the original box, receipt, brush, tool and all associated paperwork. I doubt it has 100 rounds through it.
It's condition is nicer than the one pictured. I wouldn't consider selling no matter what the offer. One of my children will inherit it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
generally yes  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
generally yes  

How much less though? I have a B grade I've been debating whether to keep or not.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How much less though? I have a B grade I've been debating whether to keep or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
generally yes  

Pictures of your P7 would help.

I purchased an A-grade ex-police P7 last fall from Gunbroker.  It came with three magazines and a leather IWB holster but did not have the box, test target, or cleaning tools.  I paid $1,000 for it.  If it was an Arlington imported commercial P7, I would have expected it to cost at least $400 more.

The A-grade is the one on the bottom.

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I purchased an A-grade ex-police P7 last fall from Gunbroker.  It came with three magazines and a leather IWB holster but did not have the box, test target, or cleaning tools.  I paid $1,000 for it.  If it was an Arlington imported commercial P7, I would have expected it to cost at least $400 more.

<a href="http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/nitmr26/media/P1010309.1_zpsxxpcet7v.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q766/nitmr26/P1010309.1_zpsxxpcet7v.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
generally yes  

<a href="http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/nitmr26/media/P1010309.1_zpsxxpcet7v.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q766/nitmr26/P1010309.1_zpsxxpcet7v.jpg</a>

I don't have pictures at the moment but it's probably similar to the top one in you picture condition wise. Box and manual, one mag. If it's $800-1000 I'll probably just keep it. If it's $1400 then it's probably going to move on to someone who will use it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:I don't have pictures at the moment but it's probably similar to the top one in you picture condition wise. Box and manual, one mag. If it's $800-1000 I'll probably just keep it. If it's $1400 then it's probably going to move on to someone who will use it.
View Quote

The top P7 in my picture is a C-grade that I recently sold.  (Box, 1 magazine, no tools.)  I paid $800 for it and listed it for the same amount.  It sold in about 15 minutes.  I noticed it appeared on Gunbroker shortly thereafter and sold for $1,000 after being listed for a week.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The top P7 in my picture is a C-grade that I recently sold.  (Box, 1 magazine, no tools.)  I paid $800 for it and listed it for the same amount.  It sold in about 15 minutes.  I noticed it appeared on Gunbroker shortly thereafter and sold for $1,000 after being listed for a week.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I don't have pictures at the moment but it's probably similar to the top one in you picture condition wise. Box and manual, one mag. If it's $800-1000 I'll probably just keep it. If it's $1400 then it's probably going to move on to someone who will use it.

Ok, thanks for the info
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#22]
$1000 may be low IMO maybe 1200 as it would be fair.  I would not sell it personally or give it another few years and they will be much more in value.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I love these threads, one of the best investments I made was buying P7's. They just go up in value. they are also what I carry.

Agree with the earlier comment, love the P7, but the P13 isn't as much fun to shoot, seems unbalanced.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I have an excellent+ condition HK P7 i'm thinking about trading or selling and would like some opinions on current value. When I bought it, it was sold as new/like new and I shot ~100 rounds through it. It is one of the Bw marked ones from PW Arms import on it. From reading online the Bw stamps indicate that it may have been a German issued one. It includes the original plastic box, brush, tool, two magazines, the original test target, and the manual, which is in German.

I can't figure out how to post pictures, but I'll work on it. Any thoughts on current value? I've checked completed auctions and read through a lot of info (most of it years old though), and it looks like the prices are really going up on P7's. My opinion is with the condition and Bw markings it adds to the value. Any info is appreciated.

Edited to include pictures.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have an excellent+ condition HK P7 i'm thinking about trading or selling and would like some opinions on current value. When I bought it, it was sold as new/like new and I shot ~100 rounds through it. It is one of the Bw marked ones from PW Arms import on it. From reading online the Bw stamps indicate that it may have been a German issued one. It includes the original plastic box, brush, tool, two magazines, the original test target, and the manual, which is in German.

I can't figure out how to post pictures, but I'll work on it. Any thoughts on current value? I've checked completed auctions and read through a lot of info (most of it years old though), and it looks like the prices are really going up on P7's. My opinion is with the condition and Bw markings it adds to the value. Any info is appreciated.
View Quote

That's a very nice P7.  It appears to be in excellent condition and doesn't appear to have any wear on the exterior.  It is my understanding that PW Arms imported P7s are from the Bundeswehr (BW).  A P7 with a 77XXX serial number was made ~1988.

In my opinion, the "as-new" condition, test target, box, magazines, and cleaning tools will have a greater positive impact on the value of your P7 then the BW and PW Arms markings.  That's not to say the BW and PW Arms markings aren't rare/uncommon.  I just think you will need to find the right buyer who is willing to pay a little more to add a P7 with those markings to his collection.

Given the overall condition of the pistol and the BW/PW Arms markings, I would estimate the value of your P7 in the $1,500+ range to the right buyer.  I can't recall seeing any nicer "surplus" P7s, however it seems the commercial P7s seem to command slightly higher prices when compared to the "surplus" P7s.

Best of luck with your sale/trade efforts.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top