Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2016 8:59:24 AM EDT
I cannot stand this gun but I love my usp40, as well as my p30(although it is dao and not as much).
What can be done to correct/change the (imo)horrible triggers on both these guns.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I cannot stand this gun but I love my usp40, as well as my p30(although it is dao and not as much).
What can be done to correct/change the (imo)horrible triggers on both these guns.
Thanks
View Quote

Since you've got a heavy LEM right now, I would change it to a light LEM by changing out the trigger return spring, there's a world of difference between a heavy LEM and light LEM.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Light-Trigger-Return-Spring-HK-Pistols-252p2081.htm

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, but I can't really say that I have a heavy or light pull. I just know it's long on the p2000! The p30 seemed much shorter of a pull, bit it's also in 9mm.

So it is fixable it sounds like.

I also have a usp in 40 that I like a lot, in DA SA. Would that conversion be possible?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, but I can't really say that I have a heavy or light pull. I just know it's long on the p2000! The p30 seemed much shorter of a pull, bit it's also in 9mm.

I also have a usp in 40 that I like a lot, in DA SA. Would that conversion be possible?
View Quote

LEM is long but light, yours getting the safety of DA with the actual break of a SA trigger, so the lenth of pull won't change. You can easily convert your USP to LEM if you wish.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LEM is long but light, yours getting the safety of DA with the actual break of a SA trigger, so the lenth of pull won't change. You can easily convert your USP to LEM if you wish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said, thats just how the LEM trigger is. People either love it or hate it from what I've seen, its really personal preference. I actually like and prefer it. I believe you could convert it to traditional SA/DA if you wanted to as well...
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What he said, thats just how the LEM trigger is. People either love it or hate it from what I've seen, its really personal preference. I actually like and prefer it. I believe you could convert it to traditional SA/DA if you wanted to as well...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Practice with the LEM tends to make people like it a bit more.  It's got a reset that's a lot easier to work than a full pull, it just might require patience to learn.

I've heard the LEM once called "the best street trigger", because it provides slack that allows for some degree of additional safety while not actually getting in the way of the operation of the gun.

Converting it depends on the holes and mounts in the gun.  I know you can convert a decocker model to an LEM, but going from LEM to decocker would require cutting a bunch of the frame away.  The decocker/safety one, I dunno if the holes are the same.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Since a lot of people do like LEM triggers have you considered just putting it up for trade for a USP Compact .40 v1? There are a lot of them out there so I can't imagine you'd have a hard time finding someone that would trade you. You would lose the changeable back straps and ambi slide release but you'd get a gun that's essentially the same size and with a trigger you know you like.

I believe with the P2000 you are stuck with either LEM or DAO but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since a lot of people do like LEM triggers have you considered just putting it up for trade for a USP Compact .40 v1? There are a lot of them out there so I can't imagine you'd have a hard time finding someone that would trade you. You would lose the changeable back straps and ambi slide release but you'd get a gun that's essentially the same size and with a trigger you know you like.

I believe with the P2000 you are stuck with either LEM or DAO but I'm not sure.
View Quote

I think this is actually a great suggestion.  I'd rather have the USPc than the P2000.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.

So far I've been offered a sig and a Bowie knife!
I'll keep it listed, keep dry firing before my next outing and try to love her!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
LV1976,
I came across a thread somewhere(of course I can't find it now!)in which someone asks if I have a square recoil spring, indicating I have the heavy LEM. I checked today and I have a flat recoil spring.

I am packed for range time in the morning and have 100 RDS of 40 for training before I start ordering parts; I'm not a fan of altering machines.

Thanks for trying to help.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LV1976,
I came across a thread somewhere(of course I can't find it now!)in which someone asks if I have a square recoil spring, indicating I have the heavy LEM. I checked today and I have a flat recoil spring.

I am packed for range time in the morning and have 100 RDS of 40 for training before I start ordering parts; I'm not a fan of altering machines.

Thanks for trying to help.
View Quote

You bet, I'm not generally in favor of altering a functioning part either if I think my shooting will be improved with practice. BTW, we're talking about the trigger return spring, not the recoil spring.  All USPc and P2000s have a flat recoil spring with the polymer bushing, the trigger return spring is a small 3-4 coil spring in the trigger well of the frame, you see it when you've disassembled the firearm and look down into the trigger well.  Heavy is a square wire, light is a round wire and looks, well, lighter.  It's a little bit of a pain in the ass to swap out unless you've got a special pair of needlenose pliers.  I've used the heavy LEM for several years and shot well, I just preferred the light LEM.  Just treat the LEM like a single action after the first shot.  Keep the trigger moving all the way on the first shot, but only let it out as far as it needs to reset for follow up shots.  The heavy LEM will give you a more positive reset; the light can feel a bit mushy on the reset, so you don't get something for nothing when swapping out the spring. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, I'm seriously about to switch out my p2000 9mm for a USPc 9mm for similar reasons.  With the way my hand grips the p2000, the trigger reach is just a hair too long, and the break is just a bit further back than I'd prefer. My trigger finger gets pinched, actually -- especially in the take up.  That bottom curl of the trigger bites into my finger tip and that gets old after a few mags.  But the USP compact's trigger reach is perfect.  I can comfortably set my finger into any position, near tip, middle, or even close to the joint with any real adjustment to my grip. Take-up, break, and the shorter reset are nice and comfortable, too.  Also, for as low as the p2000 sits in the hand, when I get my support hand where I want it, I'll get slide-bite.  This happens on my P30 and  P30L as well.  That extra bit of material on the USP compact prevents slide bite from occurring.  The adjustable grip of the p2000 doesn't mean much for me since in any of the configures, S, M, or L, I get the same issues, and I don't feel as thought I get as much support hand contact-to-frame as I do with the USP Compact.  Furthermore, I feel like I can really get behind the gun w/ the USP compact w/ my support hand so that I don't inadvertently ride the slide release lever and prevent slide-lock.

All in all, I really think the USP compact is just a better fit for me and the more I handle them both and shoot them the more that seems to be the case.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#12]
LV1976,
I found the thread on HKPro and read all 51 pages. Santa Maria, I've changed my mind twice at least about doing it! I also spent 30 minutes at least this afternoon dry firing. When I no longer have the strength to fire with my right hand I switch to left then back again. Both pointers hurt but only the left had a droopy chunk of skin hanging off it!
Range got cancelled, hence the dry fire.
I will consider your response. The parts aren't costly, even with the pliers. I just hate to be beaten by something like a machine.  
I'll keep you posted.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Saur,
Good luck on moving your p2000; I haven't had any.
Your post has made me want to bring my usp to the range as well as my p2k.
After a bunch of dry fire this afternoon I may be getting closer to an agreement with my p2000. Maybe it's because I wasn't alternating dry fire with a beretta!
There is a thread about swapping LEM parts on hkpro but it sounds like you legitimate reasons to move on from your pistol. I guess I'm lucky since I have girly hands that make it a good fit. I almost compare the p2000 grip to that of the tokarev pistol in 7.62 X 25.

Good luck in your sale.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I had both the P2000 (LEM .40) and a USPc (DA/SA V1 .40) and I kept the P2000. The trigger on the USPc just didn't agree with me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LV1976,
I found the thread on HKPro and read all 51 pages. Santa Maria, I've changed my mind twice at least about doing it! I also spent 30 minutes at least this afternoon dry firing. When I no longer have the strength to fire with my right hand I switch to left then back again. Both pointers hurt but only the left had a droopy chunk of skin hanging off it!
Range got cancelled, hence the dry fire.
I will consider your response. The parts aren't costly, even with the pliers. I just hate to be beaten by something like a machine.  
I'll keep you posted.
View Quote

Well , try not to think of it that way. You've obviously tried to make it work, and it hasnt with the heavy LEM. If people didn't want a light LEM option HK wouldn't have made it available. I shoot better with the light LEM, so I use it. Sometimes you have to swap a couple parts to optimize a mass produced object for you. HK WANTS you to do that, Thats why factory parts are available to make the mods. There aren't 10+ trigger variations for the USP line just so they could see how many they could think up

I think your hand and finger geometry play a big role. The bottom of my trigger finger gets pinched or rubbed in the trigger guard on virtually every pistol I've shot, some less than others. HK is not too bad, XDs really do a number on my finger. Just depends on you; if you can't change your hand, then change the other variable, the gun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:59:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had both the P2000 (LEM .40) and a USPc (DA/SA V1 .40) and I kept the P2000. The trigger on the USPc just didn't agree with me.
View Quote

Why didn't you just convert the USPc to a LEM trigger? Takes all of 30 minutes with no special tools.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why didn't you just convert the USPc to a LEM trigger? Takes all of 30 minutes with no special tools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already had the P2000 and decided the USPc didn't offer anything over it. I'm considering a Sig P229R to replace it (I like variety, though I may just end up with another G19 instead)
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top