Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 10:56:28 PM EDT
First off, I've always considered myself to be a 'sufficient' handgun shooter. Not great, but pretty good. I've also never really cared for HK, due to their "you suck and we hate you" attitude they display to civilians at times. I shot my Glock 17 pretty decently, but never could get used to the trigger on them. I picked up the VP 9 at a local shop, and had to have it after messing with it. When I got home, I changed the backstrap and grip panels to better suit my hand; then applied my usual coat of Mobil 1 synthetic after cleaning off the factory lube.

Finally get to the weekend. Holy shit, this thing was amazing. I was ringing steel with ease, making fast hits and transitioning between targets. After warming up, I could make headshots on the steel silhouettes fairly regularly. MAC had said in his video review that the pistol might have to 'break in' for the first 200 rounds; but, I never experienced a malfunction with the 100 rounds of Perfecta Brass and 100 rounds of Tulammo steel cased ammo I bought.

One of the RSO's even walked up to me between reloading mags and asked me where I worked. I wasn't quick enough to tell him I was a Space Shuttle Door Gunner or something. He told me I was probably within the top 5 of handgun shooters he had seen today. Although, that may not be saying much,  considering the usual clientele that comes to our local city range; but still, uplifting words to hear.

I've got to say, I'm impressed. I'll be keeping my G17, but this VP 9 is now my 'go-to'.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
How'd you do with the trigger? A bit getting used to?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm definitely an average but adequate handgun shooter, but the VP9 just seems to suck itself back on target after a shot for a quick follow up. I'm a huge Glock fan, but the VP9 points better than any other handgun I have shot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How'd you do with the trigger? A bit getting used to?
View Quote

Not really. I guess in a sense that it isn't near as heavy as my G17's trigger. It didn't take much more getting used to after the first two mags.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm definitely an average but adequate handgun shooter, but the VP9 just seems to suck itself back on target after a shot for a quick follow up. I'm a huge Glock fan, but the VP9 points better than any other handgun I have shot.
View Quote

Same here.

Now I'm looking at the threaded barrel on hkparts.net. I've got plenty of time to get one though since I don't have a pistol can, yet. I'm fairly new to the NFA game, too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn all these glowing reviews are making it so hard to resist
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
interesting to hear about the trigger. i've always liked the glock trigger but i also had the chance to dry fire an MP45c that has a trigger job that was lighter and so you could feel the rest. sounds like the vp might be similar?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Love the backwards facing bullet the magazine. It literally made me LOL. The original photo from HK has been one of my favorite pictures of all time. You did well, OP.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Love the backwards facing bullet the magazine. It literally made me LOL. The original photo from HK has been one of my favorite pictures of all time. You did well, OP.
View Quote
This.  Its the only HK pistol that drawn my interest (i do appreciate the quality of the long line of HK pistols though).

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
interesting to hear about the trigger. i've always liked the glock trigger but i also had the chance to dry fire an MP45c that has a trigger job that was lighter and so you could feel the rest. sounds like the vp might be similar?
View Quote

Not sure, I'll have to try an APEX trigger M&P to compare; however, I'm pretty happy with how the HK trigger is. It's light, but not too light. Feels just about right to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm impressed enough that I immediately bought 3 more mags from Midway ($42 ea. was the cheapest I could find in a quick search.) An Alien Gear combo holster pack, and possibly a threaded barrel from hkparts.net whenever I decide to get a pistol can.

Quoted:

I had to.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top