Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:11:03 AM EDT
I've decided to sell my glock 19 because I don't shoot it well enough compared to my other handguns (kimber 1911, m&p shield 9mm, cz p07 9mm).   So I'm trying to decide which HK pistol to get.  I want a 9mm since I have plenty of ammo, I prefer DA/SA with decocker and safety (not a deal killer), and  I want to be able to carry it for CCW.  I preferred carrying the glock owb and could conceal it under a t-shirt or Columbia button down shirt.  I will probably get a raven phantom owb for carry unless there is a better option.  I've got the shield for IWB carry when it's needed so I would prefer a compact not subcompact gun.

I've looked at the following (online not in a store):
USP 9 compact
P2000
P30

Any idea on which one of those might best suit my needs?  I like the size of the g19 just can't shoot it!  Thanks for the advice

Update:  I meant to update the original post but did it wrong the first time.  I ended up buying a usp 9 compact for $600.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've decided to sell my glock 19 because I don't shoot it well enough compared to my other handguns (kimber 1911, m&p shield 9mm, cz p07 9mm).   So I'm trying to decide which HK pistol to get.  I want a 9mm since I have plenty of ammo, I prefer DA/SA with decocker and safety (not a deal killer), and  I want to be able to carry it for CCW.  I preferred carrying the glock owb and could conceal it under a t-shirt or Columbia button down shirt.  I will probably get a raven phantom owb for carry unless there is a better option.  I've got the shield for IWB carry when it's needed so I would prefer a compact not subcompact gun.

USP 9 compact
P2000
P30

Any idea on which one of those might best suit my needs?  I like the size of the g19 just can't shoot it!  Thanks for the advice
View Quote

P30 and call it a day!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
USPC TAC 45.

USPC 9
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

P30 and call it a day!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USP 9 compact
P2000
P30

P30 and call it a day!

First off, let me say I like your style!  Just pick one and go with it.  With that being said, I am completely ignorant as to what makes the p30 better than the others (I haven't looked at price yet so I don't know which costs the most).  What are the advantages of the p30 over the other choices?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Not on your list but at least fondle and pull the trigger on the VP9.  Otherwise, go P30 if you don't like striker fired guns.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If you like the size of the 19 then I would highly recommend the P2000. Imo the LEM version, but nothing wrong with DA/SA. The is no external safety option though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
My vote would be for the uspc 9mm.

But I have to ask, if you can't shoot your g19 as well, what makes you think replacing it with an 800$ pistol is going to make you shoot better?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not on your list but at least fondle and pull the trigger on the VP9.  Otherwise, go P30 if you don't like striker fired guns.
View Quote

I have a P2000SK - if I were to do it again today I would follow the posters advice here.  Two of my friends have P30's and they are very nice, accurate, and fit my hand perfectly!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My vote would be for the uspc 9mm.

But I have to ask, if you can't shoot your g19 as well, what makes you think replacing it with an 800$ pistol is going to make you shoot better?
View Quote

I've had a few glocks over the years and have never been accurate with any of them. I think it has to do with the grip angle since I am accurate (for me) with the other guns I have.  I've found a uspc 9 for $600 used on Georgia gun trader so it will be an even swap for my g19.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I own:

USP-9 LEM with JF Kit

USP-45

HK45 (converted to "T" model)

And carry a P2000-LEM .40 as a service weapon

So, out of those choices, go with a P30; better ergos than the UPS-C by far.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

First off, let me say I like your style!  Just pick one and go with it.  With that being said, I am completely ignorant as to what makes the p30 better than the others (I haven't looked at price yet so I don't know which costs the most).  What are the advantages of the p30 over the other choices?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

USP 9 compact
P2000
P30

P30 and call it a day!

Mostly ergos. I have a USP, USPC, P2000SK, P30L, HK45c and VP9. Right now I'm on the VP9 bandwagon and really enjoy it, but with your considerations in mind, I posted P30. It's a great SA/DA battle trigger with decock safety and way more comfortable than the USP (just my personal experience). They are all great, but the ergos just do it for me on the P30.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Or

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#13]
usp. the spiderman grip of the new guns makes me feel sad in the pants.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

USP 9 compact
P2000
P30

View Quote

Update:  I bought a used usp 9 compact for $600.  I'm taking it to the range this weekend to see how it shoots.  Hopefully this is the start of a long term relationship with hk

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Update:  I bought a used usp 9 compact for $600.  I'm taking it to the range this weekend to see how it shoots.  Hopefully this is the start of a long term relationship with hk

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nlmartin23/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/A43A39C3-B9E0-4500-981A-9ED779E1B57E_zpsq2akksef.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

USP 9 compact

P2000

P30

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nlmartin23/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/A43A39C3-B9E0-4500-981A-9ED779E1B57E_zpsq2akksef.jpg

Good choice.  Honestly...you really can't go wrong.

I have fired USPs in various calibers..and my current WDC is a Vp9.  If I don't see a Vp45 in the next year...I will be buying an HK45.

Hope you enjoy your pistol.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Very nice. Looks very clean so you did good for $600.
Really, it doesn't matter which you got, it just matters that it's an HK!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the sickness.

Hope your bank account doesn't  suffer to much.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Good job and congrats OP. I agree it looks brand new so that $600 is a good deal. Which variant did you get?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Try shooting an HK 45 CT before you decide that you have to have a 9mm.  It satisfies most of your other criteria, DA/SA, decocker, etc.  I am very fond of mine, and I started off with nothing but Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good job and congrats OP. I agree it looks brand new so that $600 is a good deal. Which variant did you get?
View Quote

Variant 1
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking at two  USP-Cs myself; a 9mm and a .45. Which one should I buy?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Get both
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looking at two  USP-Cs myself; a 9mm and a .45. Which one should I buy?
View Quote

Budsgunshop.com has their P2000s priced in the low $600s right now.   I'm a DA/SA guy, just picked up a P2000 for $615 shipped.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Out of all my firearms, I love my Compact USP the best.

It's a .40 S&W though....
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Im glad I checked in here! I'm in the same boat- I have a glock 19, looking to switch to either a USPc of a p2000. I grew up on da/sa but was forced to carry a glock for years...never have liked how they felt. I tried to make do, or rather improve it with a gripforce adapter, but the angle still sucks for me.
I owned a USP 9 years ago and really liked it, but I need something 19 sized...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#26]
I took it to the range and loved it!  The double action trigger pull is long but I got used to it pretty quick. I definitely shoot it better than the g19 and I'm glad I made the switch.  Up next may be a p30sk!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Out of all my firearms, I love my Compact USP the best.

It's a .40 S&W though....
View Quote

I want a USP Compact in a bad way. I fondled a .45 version a few months back and it just felt "right" in my hand. I certainly wouldn't turn down a .40 Compact either. I need to add a .40 back to my collection since I sold my G23 four years ago and I still have a good bit of ammo and handloading components for the .40 S&W cartridge.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top