Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/10/2015 12:28:51 PM EDT
So I've purchased guns online before and this is the first time it's
happened.  Just purchased a USP45T June 23rd from a large and reputable
online retailer and the one received was manufactured in 2013.  Is this
acceptable and standard practice?  I called the online retailer but got the message "Use the
email customer service form, you can leave a voicemail but could take 2
days to respond due to high call volume".  Email sent, I'll report back
what's responded.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
New old stock
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That's perfectly normal. Unless there are generational changes, like with the Glocks, a several years old example of a current model is acceptable. For example, I bought a Browning Hi Power Mk III last year. New in the box. It was made in 1994. The Mk III hasn't changes since then, so no problem.

The only issue I can think of is night sights. You want those to be new, but it's relatively cheap to replace them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
As said by others, new old stock.  It wouldn't bother me personally as the USP is basically the same as when it was released.  Let us know how it shoots
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As said by others, new old stock.  It wouldn't bother me personally as the USP is basically the same as when it was released.  Let us know how it shoots
View Quote
Shoots like a dream.  Trigger is the best I've ever felt on a modern,
polymer gun.  Literally just putting holes in and right around the
bullseye at 15-20yds.  It outshot an STI Lawman 4.0.

So the common consensus is that it's not a big deal than I'm good with it.  Thanks everybody!

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
New in box regardless of forgotten on a shelf for ten years vs removed from the shelf the same day it was stocked is still new.
Another perspective a 2015 car sold with zero miles in June vs one sold in may 2016 they are both new
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top