Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2015 11:26:57 PM EDT
Had a USP compact 9 for a short while, ended up selling it and have been lusting after a new HK for a while now... Played around with the VP9 and it didnt seem terribly different from my glock 19 to justify owning it, but the LGS had a full size USP .45 with 6 mags, and the extended mag release for 650 OTD. Dont think i got a great deal, but I think i could have done much much worse. It is a KI date code, and honestly, doesnt look like it has ever been carried, and minimal shooting.

My real question is, what variation is this? It has the exposed hammer, with safety but no decocker...

My other question, as i am a relative HK and overall hammer fired pistol noobz, can I gently ride the hammer home, and fire this double action? Or is that a no no?

Also, a quick run thru the safariland website indicates they do not currently have a holster for this beast... Any quick options for just carrying around the range?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Had a USP compact 9 for a short while, ended up selling it and have been lusting after a new HK for a while now... Played around with the VP9 and it didnt seem terribly different from my glock 19 to justify owning it, but the LGS had a full size USP .45 with 6 mags, and the extended mag release for 650 OTD. Dont think i got a great deal, but I think i could have done much much worse. It is a KI date code, and honestly, doesnt look like it has ever been carried, and minimal shooting.

My real question is, what variation is this? It has the exposed hammer, with safety but no decocker...

My other question, as i am a relative HK and overall hammer fired pistol noobz, can I gently ride the hammer home, and fire this double action? Or is that a no no?

Also, a quick run thru the safariland website indicates they do not currently have a holster for this beast... Any quick options for just carrying around the range?
View Quote

Sounds like a variant 9. I'm unsure about riding the hammer to carry it DA, but I dont think its a good idea to thumb hammers down like that, and the USP line has very strong hammer springs. I'd just as soon convert it to a LEM and be done with it. Congrats on the gun, its a fine piece of hardware.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
doesnt sound like a bad deal as mags are about 60$ a piece, as for decocking, yes, you can lower the hammer, im not sure about the variant 9, mine started out its life is a variant 1 saftey and decocker, on mine when it actually decocks it goes to 1/4 cock, you can fully decock it by hand, but you might see if it has the 1/4 cock and leave it there. if you want a different variant of the pistol, it is very easy to do,it is just a little detent plate and about 10 min.

google hk usp variants, there are 9 ish of them, i prefer the variant 3, decocker no saftey.

as for just a range holster, i like my comp tac belt holster, they have it listed under their competition series

theyre great guns, mine has been my edc for about 6 years

hop it helps
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 3:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
doesnt sound like a bad deal as mags are about 60$ a piece, as for decocking, yes, you can lower the hammer, im not sure about the variant 9, mine started out its life is a variant 1 saftey and decocker, on mine when it actually decocks it goes to 1/4 cock, you can fully decock it by hand, but you might see if it has the 1/4 cock and leave it there. if you want a different variant of the pistol, it is very easy to do,it is just a little detent plate and about 10 min.

google hk usp variants, there are 9 ish of them, i prefer the variant 3, decocker no saftey.

as for just a range holster, i like my comp tac belt holster, they have it listed under their competition series

hop it helps
View Quote

This helps! i just ordered an aliengear IWB for it, to give it a shot as an EDC. I knew they were big pistols, but geez, this thing is hefty! cannot fathom what a mk23 must be like.

Thanks for the help gentleman!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
OP.

That was a killer deal.

I am in the market for a
USP 45 & I would love to
find one that cheap.

Enjoy it!

John

Quoted:

This helps! i just ordered an aliengear IWB for it, to give it a shot as an EDC. I knew they were big pistols, but geez, this thing is hefty! cannot fathom what a mk23 must be like.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hop it helps

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top