Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 1:14:43 PM EDT
Was practicing for upcoming idpa match and out of 100rds it failed to return to battery 2x! Both times I racked the slide which ejected the round and I kept on shooting. When I was done I inspected the 2 rds. They looked fine to my eye so I tried them again and same malfunction. So I tried them in a glock and same malfunction. Guess they are bad from the factory. I should have known better I was shooting wwb 115gr.  I've had bad luck with wwb in .45 so I should've known the 9mm is no better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
No problems in my USP 9 or tac 45.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
How many rounds total thru it? My brothers p30 had a break in period.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Only a couple hundred rds through it. At first I thought break in. But when the 2 bad bullets didn't work in my glock I figured it was the bullets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was practicing for upcoming idpa match and out of 100rds it failed to return to battery 2x! Both times I racked the slide which ejected the round and I kept on shooting. When I was done I inspected the 2 rds. They looked fine to my eye so I tried them again and same malfunction. So I tried them in a glock and same malfunction. Guess they are bad from the factory. I should have known better I was shooting wwb 115gr.  I've had bad luck with wwb in .45 so I should've known the 9mm is no better.
View Quote

Almost certainly out of spec rounds, especially since you tried to run them again and you got the same malfunction with those two particular rounds. Nothing wrong with your pistol, shit happens with bulk ammo, just think of it as good malfunction practice. I had the same thing happen with some of that tulammo brass that came in the round container, VP9 and a G19 choked on a couple and locked the action up pretty tight, ended up having to press the front corner of the muzzle against the corner of the table to get it freed up.  I did the same as you, after one gun choked I tried the round in a different gun. Call winchester, chances are they'll replace the entire box due to the out of spec rounds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Break in??? My p30 has flawless since day one no matter what brand of ammo I used steel crap all the way through federal and Winchester and anything in between!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Most guys case gauge all ammo before a match, just for this reason.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Found your problem. WWB is horrible.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top