Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:23:09 PM EDT
I have narrowed my decision down to the USP Tactical or the FN FNX45T. The issues surrounding the FN reliability has me leaning towards the HK. What all is involved in either buying it facory of converting a USP45 Tactical to a Variant 2 (I believe. SA/DA. Decocker/Safety on right side of gun for left handed shooter)?? The manual online says the work can be done only by a HK Armorer. I know of non locally and the idea of having to ship off a brand new (or used) gun to be wrenched on doesnt really appeal to me. Do the V2's ever appear in the wild? Does the conversion require parts or skills not available to the average man?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Your in luck as I have looked into the exact same thing. My dad left me his carry weapon which was a V1 USP 45 full size. Biggest drawback to HK is that nothing is cheap, and parts aren't the easiest to get. HKparts.net is the best place that I have seen. You can either buy the control levers that allow ambi control or just V2. Look at both links and both include a video of installation. An armorer is not needed.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Control-Lever-V2-V6-V10-USP-For-Lefties-200p1415.htm

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/USP-Full-Size-Ambidextrous-Control-Lever-Set-200p916.htm
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Another option for HK is known as the LEM trigger. It removes the safety/decoker lever and goes to a simpler to master trigger. At least in my opinion because its the same trigger pull with short reset every time. Im looking into converting my hk45 myself too. Reference tutorials are available on youtube or hkpro.com. parts are around $100.  Like everything HK availability is limited.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a USP 45 tactical? You are in luck, the safety is ambidextrous I believe. If not, it is an easy fix. I am a lefty and put an ambi safety on my USP 9 compact. It took me maybe 15min. Just check out the Youtube videos.

Well I see they aren't ambi.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are still looking for a looking for a left handed lever, I have one coming in on a used gun I bought in the next few days I'd trade you.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top