Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a sharp looking P7.  I'm assuming that's a hard chrome finish.  Who applied the finish?
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Why did so many P7s end up chromed?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why did so many P7s end up chromed?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

The factory blued finish will rust just looking at it from the moisture off your eyes. Not kidding, they have a very thin finish on them and chrome plating makes them handle the elements better. You will find many rough looking P7's but will be perfect internally. If mine ever gets shot or handled enough I will send it out to be refinished by Fords or Robar. They are the only two I trust refinishing the intricate P7.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...Fords or Robar. They are the only two I trust refinishing the intricate P7.
View Quote

I would offer Birdsong's Black-T as a option for those who want a black finish similar to HK's current hostile environment finish.  I owned a P7M8 that had been refinished with Black-T and will most likely refinish my C-grade ex-police P7 at some point in the future.  Birdsong has refinished a number of P7s, and I would have no hesitation with having Birdsong refinish another on of mine.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would offer Birdsong's Black-T as a option for those who want a black finish similar to HK's current hostile environment finish.  I owned a P7M8 that had been refinished with Black-T and will most likely refinish my C-grade ex-police P7 at some point in the future.  Birdsong has refinished a number of P7s, and I would have no hesitation with having Birdsong refinish another on of mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...Fords or Robar. They are the only two I trust refinishing the intricate P7.

100% agree with this and now I know Birdsong can do the P7's. I didn't include them as I was not sure if they did the P7 but there finish is top shelf!
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
This picture of a Black-T coated P7 was posted on HKPro.

If I can find a picture of my Black-T coated P7M8, I'll post it later.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top