Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2014 6:49:01 PM EDT
im looking at HK and Sig 9mm handguns and besides the base cost of the pistols why are the mags so freaking expensive? i may end up going with sig just because i can get mecgar mags for way cheaper. does HK mark up the mags because we suck and they hate us?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They're individually handmade by watchmakers.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that's funny...
I don't care who you are....
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Out of rare earth metals, smelted in the Forge of MagNudenschfreude only under a full moon.

Virgins wind the springs around their pinkie toes and the completed magazine bodies are buffed to a high sheen with the nipples of Bavarian hausfraus.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
That's some funny shit.
OP go back to your Glock.
You just have to know where to buy your mags from.  Do you buy a car at MSRP?
CDNN.

It's the price of admission.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a Sig and only run Sig factory mags because I don't believe the mecgars are of equal quality.

Sig mags aren't much cheaper than HKs, so this isn't really a big issue for me. All that being said, both are kind of expensive for what they are.

But if you want things to be cheap, as a previous poster said, maybe HKs aren't for you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I own a Sig and only run Sig factory mags because I don't believe the mecgars are of equal quality.
View Quote

you do know who the OEM supplier for a lot of Sig mags is right?

In fact my W German 226 came with a Mecgar mag.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Well HK had a 30% BF sale. Picked up 4 mags.  Made it bearable.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The level of craftsmanship... take any other manufacture's magazine and try to load the ammo in backwards. What you will find is HK is the only one to have fully-supported dual-purpose feed lips on their magazines. Having options is a good thing. I try to not limit myself in life, which is why I choose HK
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Speaking of high priced mags.

Where can I find a couple of S&W 1006 mags?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
im looking at HK and Sig 9mm handguns and besides the base cost of the pistols why are the mags so freaking expensive? i may end up going with sig just because i can get mecgar mags for way cheaper. does HK mark up the mags because we suck and they hate us?
View Quote

Try and find magazines for the H&K P7M13.

Their other magazine prices then seem to be sane.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sig mags aren't much cheaper than HKs, so this isn't really a big issue for me. All that being said, both are kind of expensive for what they are.

But if you want things to be cheap, as a previous poster said, maybe HKs aren't for you.
View Quote

Lol.  This was a tongue in cheek post, right?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Out of rare earth metals, smelted in the Forge of MagNudenschfreude only under a full moon.

Virgins wind the springs around their pinkie toes and the completed magazine bodies are buffed to a high sheen with the nipples of Bavarian hausfraus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And each magazine is wrapped in the finest baby seal hides, lovingly supported on the smooth, creamy thighs of the finest Swedish jailbat.  Then each parcel is delivered by Sleipnir himself to only the purest of merchants, so that true believers everywhere can partake of uber tier one goodness.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#13]
well i am a glock guy so i suppose that is why i am shocked at the hk mag prices. I had a USP 40 a couple years ago and found a few deals on mags and stocked up about 8 of them but dam. I do believe mecgar mags are some of the finest i have one for my cx4 storm and it is very high quality and i have not had a single issue with it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
well i am a glock guy so i suppose that is why i am shocked at the hk mag prices. I had a USP 40 a couple years ago and found a few deals on mags and stocked up about 8 of them but dam. I do believe mecgar mags are some of the finest i have one for my cx4 storm and it is very high quality and i have not had a single issue with it.
View Quote

The P30 is a much much newer gun vs the USP, I suspect that in time, once supply has caught up with demand a little more, the prices will come down a little. Right now only a few people even have them in stock.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Also the P30 mags have a metal body, the USP .40 & 9 are plastic.

ETA: This pertains to the full size mags.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

False. My USP Compact mags were metal.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit: Full Size

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:37:08 AM EDT
[#18]
If you think mags are high now, you should have seen prices during the AWB..
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you think mags are high now, you should have seen prices during the AWB..
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.  $150 for USP 9mm mag.  $175 for Glock 33 rd mag, etc.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]
That's not too bad. When the FNH FNP 45 hit the scene the mags were selling for 75-100 per mag when you could even find them
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Mec-Gar is the OEM for Sig. My SP2022 mags are all official Sig mags made by Mec-Gar for Sig.

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because real engineering carries a hefty price.

Look at my avatar, I carry factory mags only and I have five per gun. Costs a lot? Meh, but as they say you get what you buy and those are real perfection in every way that is subjective to me.

Sig and HK aren't made for people who claim perfection in a cheaply made gun as a means to justify their cheaper the keeper ways.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Because they work.

Go to any 1911 forum and look for magazine threads. So many 'which 1911 mag will work with SWCs' or 'I had to buy $50 Wilson mags to get my junk 1911 to feed hollow points' or " I mark my unreliable mags so I know which ones work'.

With HKs you buy once, cry once, but they always work.

This is probably just a thread designed to bash HKs from a Glock fan boy anyway.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top