Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2014 9:14:48 PM EDT
I've read a lot of people saying that they want a P30sk or VP9sk, but frankly, I'd like to see them create a micro. Something along the size of a Kahr PM9, Keltec PF9, etc.

Should such a firearm come out, I would be very interested in finding a buyer for my Mk9 Elite, but til then the sk is still too large for all of my concealed carry needs.

For example, I've borrowed a photo side-by-side comparison of a Kahr PM9 and the P2000sk (not my photo)

For what it's worth, mine looks exactly like the one below (also not my photo)
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be a compromise on reliability.  They won't do it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be a compromise on reliability.  They won't do it.
View Quote

This. Those Kahr's compromise too much on reliability for my taste.

I was REALLY happy with how trim the VP9 is
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree. I'd even settle for just a single stack SK. My EDC is a G42, because I have to pocket carry at work. Yes, it is possible for me to pocket carry my SK, and I have done so often, but its not very comfortable. I switch over to carrying one of my HK's IWB though every chance I get.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Go Walther PPS for a single stack 9mm that's still decent.  It's the one I carry when I go into a shitty area.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#5]
They have made smaller guns in the past. Now they are looking for the volume sales. Plus the German government has way too much say and they frown on personal gun ownership so guns have to be geared towards military and police rather than private ownership. If H&K were smart they would leave Germany, I know that is blasphemy but true. They did make a wonderful small framed gun the P7 line. Since it is made of metal it isn't light but it is a wonderful gun and my chosen carry gun.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#6]
A VP9 that takes a mag that's P2000 size would be perfect.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad the P7s have been reduced to high dollar collectibles.

I'm kicking myself majorly for having not picked one up about 5 years ago when they were half their current price. I'd love to have a nickel or hard chrome one, or for that matter, refinish a blue one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Something along the lines of a shield size would be awesome.  

I think something the size of an LCP would be great too, but I would have to hide it from the unicorns and fairies.  That would get old quick....
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:12:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Something along the lines of a shield size would be awesome.  

I think something the size of an LCP would be great too, but I would have to hide it from the unicorns and fairies.  That would get old quick....
View Quote

I vote just slightly larger than the Shield/PPS size... something P7/R51/BP9CC/CCP size - single stack 8 round mag.  I don't like the stubby fat double stack pistols like the SKs, G26 etc.

And actually, what I'd really like then is the same pistol with a larger grip for a USPc/P2000 mag but the same slide and trigger guard, so that the same holster would fit it.  Yes I'm asking for an updated P7M8/P7M13 pair.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Simple really, HK are true combat/fighting tools. They are thus built as such. They are designed from the ground up to neutralize threats ad fast as possible.  

Go get a Bodyguard or Nano for easy to carry shooters.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Simple really, HK are true combat/fighting tools. They are thus built as such. They are designed from the ground up to neutralize threats ad fast as possible.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get lost from glocktalk...?

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#14]
HK makes service pistols...
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is the p2000sk a service pistol? Depends on your definition. If you consider a back up gun as one then I don't see your issue.

If they can make a backup gun, it's logical to at least ask the question if they could make something the size of a Sig P290, P938, Kahr MK9/PM9/CM9 etc.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:42:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't GD.. lose the BS.

I'm on board for a VP9c or possibly an SK, but anything smaller than that isn't really in HK's wheelhouse.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is the p2000sk a service pistol? Depends on your definition. If you consider a back up gun as one then I don't see your issue.

If they can make a backup gun, it's logical to at least ask the question if they could make something the size of a Sig P290, P938, Kahr MK9/PM9/CM9 etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was meant as a primary weapon for people in plain clothes. Personally I think it is stupid for that along with the European predisposition for using compact handguns in exposed holsters.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:19:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's referring to your blatantly marketed, and brainwashed post. They have you thinking you are holding a HRT unit in your hands with their gun. There's a need for a compact and perhaps even a single stack - even in the line of work advertised in their super catalogs. I'm sure we'll see a P2000SK sized VP9 somewhere down the line. As for the upcoming Shot Show, my guess is that we'll maybe we'll see a VP40 if anything new at all

ETA: For the record, I tell people I'm a KAC/HK/Glock fan. I try to be objective and not drink too much Koolaid. It wasn't too long ago that whenever someone complained about the trigger on the HKs, someone would come running in with a comment similar to yours, "HK makes their pistols with a combat trigger" or "striker fired is not a combat mechanism, you need that restrike capability". Now with the VP9 those same people are striker fired experts and the first to point out the excellent trigger.

My point: Don't drink too much of the Koolaid
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the VP9 fine enough as it is, a USPc sized VP9 isn't appreciablly smaller enough (to me at least) to justify buying one.  An SK sized model maybe, but the trend now is towards a slimmer single stack as more and more folks CC.  Bottom line, there's a a definite size/width/weight threshold that diferentiates whether someone is willing to carry or not, and if many people's threshold is a single stack 9mm, then every Kahr, Shield, XDs, LC9, Kel-Tec PF9, Sig P239, etc. sold is a sale that HK never even had a chance at.  They could bring back the P7, or design a new one from the ground up if they want, but HK needs to have an offering in this class of pistol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bottom line, there's a a definite size/width/weight threshold that diferentiates whether someone is willing to carry or not, and if many people's threshold is a single stack 9mm, then every Kahr, Shield, XDs, LC9, Kel-Tec PF9, Sig P239, etc. sold is a sale that HK never even had a chance at.  They could bring back the P7, or design a new one from the ground up if they want, but HK needs to have an offering in this class of pistol.
View Quote

And you're about 1000 times more likely to need that carry gun in "combat" than you are some more-than-fullsize extended longslide enhanced suppressed piece of teutonic tacticalcoolness.

How about a little HK history...

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I like the VP9 fine enough as it is, a USPc sized VP9 isn't appreciablly smaller enough (to me at least) to justify buying one.  An SK sized model maybe, but the trend now is towards a slimmer single stack as more and more folks CC.  Bottom line, there's a a definite size/width/weight threshold that diferentiates whether someone is willing to carry or not, and if many people's threshold is a single stack 9mm, then every Kahr, Shield, XDs, LC9, Kel-Tec PF9, Sig P239, etc. sold is a sale that HK never even had a chance at.  They could bring back the P7, or design a new one from the ground up if they want, but HK needs to have an offering in this class of pistol.
View Quote

+1,000,000

If there was a nail being hit on the head emoticon, you'd be getting one from me sir.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Smaller?  Fuck that.  I want a VP10 with a 5.5" slide and barrel and then a VP45.  Make the 10mm a 12 shot gun and have the .45 use the HK45 mags...and give us a VP45T with raised sights and a threaded barrel.

Smaller...bah.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't think the Hk is that much bigger than some other mini's. My biggest problem is the thickness/width of the gun, but the 2000 series are perfect for me and conceal nicely. You have a double stack mag. compared to one with only  maybe half the capacity(depending on the model of course). I wish pistol manufacturers would make a longer slide with a smaller grip, instead of doing the opposite, like Springfield did with the XD series. I can conceal a longer barrel/slide, but the grip is the hardest part to conceal.

Not to hijack the thread, and I know they are not yours, but those belt/slide clips on the Kahr kill me. I can never understand why anyone would put a clip like that on it for carry when accidental discharges can happen so easily. It reminds me of the plastic "holster " that came out not too long ago that has a post that goes into the barrel and a belt clip for securing to your pants/belt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm fine with their size. I honestly just wish the mags held more cartridges. It's not a deal breaker for me because I like HK's... Just, in the past, I've sold HK's due to the fact I was able to get a smaller CCW with more capacity. That being said... I'm looking to get an HK to put back in the carry rotation because I like them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Some slim pistols from Hk might be on the horizon based on the VP9...according to some posts on the Hk forums. I can only hope. I'd like to see a single stack VP9c or VP40c.
Like a P7 only lighter and no squeezer.
I'm also hoping they might announce these at SHOT show this year.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top