Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:34:52 PM EDT
brand new HK USP owner here! I recently switched from a glock 22 to the USP in .40
I'm thinking I got a pretty decent deal, you can chime in. For clarification, I'm not a person who needs "new", I like pre owned items that have been taken care of....so this what I picked up locally.  USP with '94 date code,  has 2k rounds through it. Came with 5 magazines and 3 holsters.
The slide, barrel and SL have been coated in Robars NP3.
pistol looks immaculate,  we'll cared for by previous owner. $600 total.

my question as a n00b, is there anything seasoned owners would look to replace or upgrade on a pistol of this age? or is the usp just so well made that I'm good to go for the next 10 years?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I might look into a spare recoil spring assembly, though with only 2k rounds you're probably GTG for a while yet.

Maybe have some spare mag springs around too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

my question as a n00b, is there anything seasoned owners would look to replace or upgrade on a pistol of this age? or is the usp just so well made that I'm good to go for the next 10 years?
View Quote

Aside from perhaps night sights, I can't think of anything to change or "upgrade". Some folks use an aftermarket bbl if they wish to shoot lead bullets, but that's about all I can think of.

Trust me, this one won't be your last H&K. Looked at P7's yet?  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aside from perhaps night sights, I can't think of anything to change or "upgrade". Some folks use an aftermarket bbl if they wish to shoot lead bullets, but that's about all I can think of.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always remembered this ad, so cock sure and cool:
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top