Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 1:14:37 PM EDT
Every USP I see in 9 or 45 is way more expensive and hard to find than the 40s. I see 40s and 40Cs all day long, and am interested in trading a PPK/S for one. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Every USP I see in 9 or 45 is way more expensive and hard to find than the 40s. I see 40s and 40Cs all day long, and am interested in trading a PPK/S for one. Am I missing something?
View Quote

Nothing wrong with a USP in .40 aside from the fact that the .40 S&W cartridge is starting to decline in popularity somewhat, but thats not the fault of the pistol. The USP line began with the .40, so it was purpose built to handle the higher recoil of .40 cartridge.  The .40 is still a completely viable SD round, ammo is plentiful and will continue to be so for a long time. The HK USP will outlast you, so it's a good gun to have around.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two of them. If there's a better combat handgun I'm not aware of it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my USP C .40 and P2000SK .40. The .40 recoil in them feels much softer than other brands .40's Ive shot. The .40 versions are slightly heavier than the 9mm versions.

I do prefer 9mm and .45 over the .40's in general though. I only own those two .40 HK's because they were $100 less than their other caliber versions. Id buy them again though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated above, the USP was purpose built around the S&W .40 round. Not a thing wrong with it, it's my favorite hand guns in .40.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't go wrong with the best cartridge in the world.

.40 S&W Now & Forever!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can't go wrong with the best cartridge in the world.

View Quote

.40 S&W Now & Forever!

I want a full size again, I had one briefly and traded it for my .40SK, which gets much more use, but I still miss the thing.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my USP 40 and take it to gun range almost every time I go. I do not know how many rounds I have fired though it but my guess is 3K-4K. That was before I kept a log book that show how my rounds I have fired.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my .40 USP full size with all of the expectations of a great gun.  I could not get accurate with it.  I gave it to my son.  Bought a

USP .45c and it out shoots 1911's.  I wanted to love it, but it would not love me back....
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#9]
dont wanna hijack the thread or anything but i recently bought a sig 229 and while i was in the gunshop there was a HK USP .40 for sale ...looked mint... not sure what variant (if that matters any) but it almost looked like a safe queen on how clean it was. They were only asking $450.00... does that seem like a good buy?!!?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

dont wanna hijack the thread or anything but i recently bought a sig 229 and while i was in the gunshop there was a HK USP .40 for sale ...looked mint... not sure what variant (if that matters any) but it almost looked like a safe queen on how clean it was. They were only asking $450.00... does that seem like a good buy?!!?
View Quote
As long as it comes with 2 mags ETC and is in good shape that's a very fair price IMO

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I bought my .40 USP full size with all of the expectations of a great gun.  I could not get accurate with it.  I gave it to my son.  Bought a

USP .45c and it out shoots 1911's.  I wanted to love it, but it would not love me back....
View Quote

Very strange, mine shoots very accurately. Friends who shoot it are surprised at the accuracy too.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a USPC in .40, main carry piece, and it really shoots soft. I've carried a Glock M22 at work for thirteen years and many times I've wished it shot as nice as my HK. The USPC is my only .40 and I love it but I do wish I would of purchased it in 9mm, maybe some day I'll add one in 9mm. For the right price I wouldn't hesitate to grab a full size USP .40.

Official Disclaimer: SPOII may or may not own any and all firearms discussed in the last few years on this or any forums. SPOII may or may not possess knowledge or opinions offered on this or any forums discussed the last few years. In fact SPOII may be nothing but a posing imposter trying to fool people into thinking he may be a gun guy but may be or not be a staunch supporter of current or future Glorious Leader.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#13]
One of the most accurate and reliable firearms that I own.  I feel it is a little big to CCW  but you will not find a better shooting gun.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

One of the most accurate and reliable firearms that I own.  I feel it is a little big to CCW  but you will not find a better shooting gun.
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I love my .40 USP full size. Great gun.  Get one, because the prices are low compared to other HK's right now. I would buy two right now if I had the extra money.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an HK USP .40 Tactical with a Gemtech suppressor for it in .40 as well.

My favorite pistol hands down. I also have a Glock 22 and a Sig P229. All the .40 haters can suck it.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Have 2 USP40f's and love them.  Love the 40 cartridge too!
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Nothing wrong with them other than theyre in .40 ....in all seriousness, just like said above..... .40 is becoming unpopular-ish....Me personally, I hate the bastard round.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#19]
My USPc .40 is my EDC
My USP Tac .40 is my nightstand gun

I would guess somewhere around 12k rounds through them with zero failures.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought my USP 40 in 1994. And if I had it to do over, I'd still be an owner of a USP 40. As mentioned, it started life, designed for the 40 S&W cartridge. And is probably why more 40's are found on the used market.

To this day, I've experienced zero malfunctions with my USP 40. And the first couple years of ownership, I put many rounds down the tube of it. Including my own reloaded ammunition. It's a tough, accurate pistol and IMHO, the USP set the standards for what we have today in the marketplace.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Their kinda big, chambered in .40 and have a funky rail. As long as none of those are deal killers they are excellent. At some of the deals I've seen recently ($400-450) they are a good buy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Their kinda big, chambered in .40 and have a funky rail. As long as none of those are deal killers they are excellent. At some of the deals I've seen recently ($400-450) they are a good buy.
View Quote

Just buy a GG&G flashlight mount. I have a TLR-1s mounted on my Full size USP 40.

HK 40 and 40 compact Flashlight Mount
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just buy a GG&G flashlight mount. I have a TLR-1s mounted on my Full size USP 40.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know those exist, I would prefer not to need one. Wouldn't stop me from buying one but it is an issue to consider.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
The .40 is a good size. It is about the same as my Beretta 96. The .45 USP is huge. It is bigger then my FNP 45 in my opinion. The light rail works with a Insight UTL and I had mine upgraded with a LED bulb. If not, everyone makes an adapter for it.

I enjoy my .40 USP. I'm a Glock guy but I am glad I own a .40 USP.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The .40 is a good size. It is about the same as my Beretta 96. The .45 USP is huge. It is bigger then my FNP 45 in my opinion. The light rail works with a Insight UTL and I had mine upgraded with a LED bulb. If not, everyone makes an adapter for it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Beretta 96 is kinda big too. That may not make a difference depending on what you are doing with it but I wouldn't choose one for CCW.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The Beretta 96 is kinda big too. That may not make a difference depending on what you are doing with it but I wouldn't choose one for CCW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I carry fullsize service pistols most of the time as my CCW piece.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top