Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 6:32:09 PM EDT
A buddy of mine dove head first into pistol collecting and I guess it got a little out of hand (30 firearms in the span of a year).

Apparently the wife didn't appreciate fine firearms as much as he did.  So he has to liquidate a collection of mostly high-end commercially made pistols.

I'm buying a NIB Hk Elite.  If only because it's unique, I don't own one, and they're out of production.

I can't find one for sale anywhere so market value is a toss-up.  He told me 1200 to buy.

What do I need to know about it?  Any quirks? Is the price decent?  

I've got a decent collection of hk firearms and this is one I don't have.  Looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Caliber?  

The elites are getting fairly rare these days.  IIRC they have a six inch barrel. . .

They are ugly as hell but I still like them

If you like HK and collect them IMO its a must have model.  

1200 is very fair from what I have seen especially unfired.  

The elite I see in the EE on HKpro seem to always seel quick.  

I'd snatch it and not look back.

I would have a very hard time not shooting it, that's why I don't buy safe queens.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a damn good price. Especially if its a 45.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
$1200? If you don't want it I'll take it...
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Caliber?  

The elites are getting fairly rare these days.  IIRC they have a six inch barrel. . .

They are ugly as hell but I still like them

If you like HK and collect them IMO its a must have model.  

1200 is very fair from what I have seen especially unfired.  

The elite I see in the EE on HKpro seem to always seel quick.  

I'd snatch it and not look back.

I would have a very hard time not shooting it, that's why I don't buy safe queens.  
View Quote

It's a 45.  It comes in the HK hard case, not soft.  Manual, spare orings,etc. are included.

The issue I've had is finding a recent sale of one to determine market value.  The most recent via a google search is early 2013.

ETA:  Although NIB, I will have to shoot this thing.  If only to compare its accuracy to my MK23, which is currently the most accurate pistol I own.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's a damn good price. Especially if its a 45.
View Quote

Good to know.  It is a 45.

Wish I could find a few recent sales for comparison sake.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Trade ya my USP Expert in .40 fer it!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd jump on that.  Just like the p7s they are out of production.  Prices are going up up up
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  HK's longslides are sweet shooters.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd jump on that.  Just like the p7s they are out of production.  Prices are going up up up
View Quote

Which is the primary reason I'm buying it.  There won't be any more and it's my understanding that they were made in limited numbers.

The handfit barrel is a neat feature.  

I do intend to shoot it.  Might be sacrilege to some, but i always shoot a gun I buy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Which is the primary reason I'm buying it.  There won't be any more and it's my understanding that they were made in limited numbers.

I do intend to shoot it.  Might be sacrilege to some, but i always shoot a gun I buy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is an HK USP at the end of the day, not a WW1 relic.  It is designed to shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love the chance to shoot an elite sometime.  Haven't even fired a full size USP.  : /

Please post some pics if/when you pick her up
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is an HK USP at the end of the day, not a WW1 relic.  It is designed to shoot the hell out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd love the chance to shoot an elite sometime.  Haven't even fired a full size USP.  : /

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I pick it up on the 25th of this month.  He's clear across the state, but he'll be making a trip to a work conference in my neck of the woods.

I never noticed much difference between the usp tactical and std usp in terms of recoil.  I think my tactical has a slightly better trigger.

Now the mk 23 is a different beast altogether.  Ridiculously accurate, more so than my Baer TRS, and recoils like a 38 special.  Unfortunately it's just too damn big to be practical.  I own one because of the history and the novelty.  Friends refer to it as the robocop gun

It's my understanding that the elite was designed as a target pistol from the getgo.  So I'm going to try it out at longer ranges to see if it performs.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Does he have a MK23? I want a MK23 for my collection.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does he have a MK23? I want a MK23 for my collection.
View Quote

Nope.  He actually wanted me to sell him mine.  Before his SO got pissed of course.

If you lived in TN, I'd shoot you a list of what he's got left.  I don't think he wants to deal with shipping and transfers.

FWIW, I've seen several Mk23's sell on the EE for right around $1600.  Pretty recently in fact.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#16]
What part of TN do you live in?  I'm in NE Alabama and I'd love meet up and try out the Elite and let you shoot my Expert.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What part of TN do you live in?  I'm in NE Alabama and I'd love meet up and try out the Elite and let you shoot my Expert.
View Quote

NWTN.  In the sticks.  We tend to shoot in open fields around here as the ranges are too far away (hell, we're a long way away from most anything).

Once I get it, I'll post some pics and maybe we can set something up.

I confirmed the date with my buddy.  I'll have to leave the office early to meet him (he'll be about 45 minutes away), but I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I owned the HK 45 Elite with the hard case when they first came out. I paid 1200 for it then. So 1200 today would be a good deal. I liked my MK23 better so I sold the Elite. It is still a nice gun with an amazing trigger. Check out hkpro for info and current pricing on their EE.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Pics.  Not at home so I brought my SD pistol in for comparison.  

Couple of things:
1) This isn't unfired.  If I had to guess, it's had a box of ammo through it.  He bought it unfired from the owner of the gunstore and my buddy never shot it.  I think the owner took it out and had fun with it for a day.
2) Came complete with manual, spare o-rings, case, sticker, std. HK swag
3) It's big x huge.  Longer than the Mk23, but not as chunky.

All in all, I felt like I got a decent deal.  I'm happy have it in my collection and look forward to shooting it.  FWIW, my buddy has sold 22 pistols and has ~23+ left.  

Pics:

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Couple of things:
1) This isn't unfired.  If I had to guess, it's had a box of ammo through it.  He bought it unfired from the owner of the gunstore and my buddy never shot it.  I think the owner took it out and had fun with it for a day.

All in all, I felt like I got a decent deal.  I'm happy have it in my collection and look forward to shooting it.  FWIW, my buddy has sold 22 pistols and has ~23+ left.  

Pics:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/robicon_album/4dc62874-1d5b-4882-8b59-c67758a508cf_zpsd75b0013.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/robicon_album/58b83e33-caeb-4fe3-b1ff-e828e49f22a5_zpscca9928e.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/robicon_album/3c703614-e0d1-4a68-9575-1f540e50ca14_zps3ca7e040.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/robicon_album/Elite3_zps52877a78.jpg
View Quote

Very cool.  I don't think it looks ugly at all, but it is very unique.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couple of things:

Pics:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/robicon_album/4dc62874-1d5b-4882-8b59-c67758a508cf_zpsd75b0013.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/robicon_album/58b83e33-caeb-4fe3-b1ff-e828e49f22a5_zpscca9928e.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/robicon_album/3c703614-e0d1-4a68-9575-1f540e50ca14_zps3ca7e040.jpg

Certainly has some unique features.  The sight rib down the top of the slide for one.  The trigger is slicker than the one on my Tactical.  Obvious hand fitting on the barrel.

I'm looking forward to shooting over a sandbag and comparing accuracy with the MK23 and a couple of 1911s.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Couple of things:

Pics:

View Quote
What a rare beauty.  I'm very anxious for the range report, especially the accuracy

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes the trigger in those is very nice.  I haven't shot an elite but I have an expert and it is my favorite gun. Once I got it dialed in the groups are simply amazing.  Granted I haven't tried shooting it in double action, and I have only shot at 15 yards, but I have been thinking about taking it back a little bit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes the trigger in those is very nice.  I haven't shot an elite but I have an expert and it is my favorite gun. Once I got it dialed in the groups are simply amazing.  Granted I haven't tried shooting it in double action, and I have only shot at 15 yards, but I have been thinking about taking it back a little bit.
View Quote

That's where I have the most fun with accurate pistols.

Line up some 2 liters filled with water and try to shoot the tops off of them.  This is where I have the most fun with the MK23 and tightened up colt combat elite.  The Mk23 makes it easy.  Even at 30-40yds you score regular hits.  

I'm gonna do my best to hit the range this weekend.  Kinda depends on what the wife has in store for us, but I should be able to get away for a bit.

ETA:  He had a 9mm Expert for sale too.  Obviously didn't buy it.  Didn't feel like dropping $2,400 in one sitting.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top