Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2014 9:31:28 PM EDT
Hello all,

I bought a dept issued USP45 with silver slide.

The serial is AA 25-066XXX

It had (2) 12rd mags that have the 94AWB "Restricted" langauge on them.  The gun is stamped SJSO (something something Sheriff's Office?).

I took her out today for the first time.  I love the trigger.  However, I have to get used to the sight picture (or axis) vs my Glocks and 1911.  I shot about 2-3 inches low at 5 and 10 yards until I got the hang of it, still couldn't get it correct due to switching between Glocks and the USP.

Can anyone tell me about this gun or series?

SAMPLE PIC

SAMPLE PIC
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Satin Chromed USP 45 full sized; not too shabby; grey box? Here's mine.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Satin Chromed USP 45 full sized; not too shabby; grey box? Here's mine.

View Quote

Yep box just like that, without manual. Paid 550ish If I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The USP was designed by HK specifically for the American shooter. All of the controls and the grip contour match the 1911.  
Replace all of your mag springs with Wolff springs, a couple of mine were under powered and cause several FTF at the range.
Swapped them out and it runs like a Deere. Eats EVERTHING.

For more history:  H&K USP
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
HK sights are point of impact and not pumpkin-on-post. That means you'll want to cover what you want to hit with your front sight as opposed to placing it just below.

Good looking gun, great purchase.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies thus far.  Anyone know any specific info about the serial # I posted above?  Date?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, didja get it at GT Distributors? I got it's brother a coupla months ago.

AA serial # means made in 2000 IIRC
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, didja get it at GT Distributors? I got it's brother a coupla months ago.

AA serial # means made in 2000 IIRC
View Quote

Yep!!!  I was looking at the trade-in guns, saw some Glock 35's (pretty beat up) for $350-400, your average G22's, and then about 6-7 of these HK's all with the same setup.  I picked the best one and figured I'd give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#8]
still kicking myself for not buying a couple used USP .40 compacts at GT's a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#9]
nice pistol you have there, im jealous of the stainless slide. great guns, my USP the first pistol i ever bought, about 6-6 years ago, and its still my primary carry gun. only downside ive found to HK is their magazines are made of gold, the 12 rd mags with the larger base plate usually go fo about 60-70$ new, ive found LEO trade ins for about 30
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
You'll get used to the grip angle, I used to have a Glock.  Now I cant hold a Glock without tilting it up, but my USP feels just right.  I love the safety/decocker and the giant slide lock lever.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I must say, it shoots great.  I guess this means I need a converted USC to match.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top